Author Topic: A bunch of rough scenery configs  (Read 9419 times)

WebMaximus

A bunch of rough scenery configs
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:49:05 pm »
Hey guys,

After getting tired of seeing baggage trains half the way into buildings and the marshaller being ran over by airport vehicles because he was standing in the middle of a lane I decided to start go through my airports and fix this.

Do note these configs are in no way 100% perfect and I made it as easy as I could by for instance disabling stairs and buses for any airport where there are jetways. The backside of this of course is there might be gates with no jetways at the same airport and in that case those gates will be left without stairs and buses as well.

I have not messed around with any parkings unless that is the only option depending on the airport.

I also made sure all gates have an airline code that is realistic depending on the location of the airport. I haven't checked what airlines park at specific gates, only made sure you will see GSX vehicles suitable for any specific locations such as SAS at EKCH, AEE at LGAV etc.

I'm only flying the PMDG 737 NGX meaning the position of the GSX objects have been adjusted for that aircraft meaning if you fly a bigger aircraft for example you might need to adjust some of the objects.

Again, consider these very rough configs where you could of course improve them quite a bit. For some of them I'm sure there are already better options available in here. However I figured I would still share them because maybe some people just like me doesn't care that much about the small details such as what ground vehicles will be at a specific gate but still they don't like seeing GSX objects clash with scenery objects and so on.

But also considering how time-consuming it is messing around with this. If I can save some of you x hours by sharing what I already did I'm happy to thinking of all I got from the FS community myself over the years I've been a part of it.

Here's a list of airports I've done so far and I'll add a couple of more as soon as I'm done with them if there's any interest. All of them are for P3Dv4.

Aerosoft Heraklion
Aerosoft Samos
Aerosoft Thessaloniki
Aerosoft Zurich
FlyTampa Athens
FlyTampa Copenhagen
FlyTampa Corfu
FlyTampa Vienna
Orbx Dubrovnik
Orbx Innsbruck
Orbx Stockholm
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:16:25 pm by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

Re: A bunch of rough scenery configs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:49:56 pm »
And here's Zurich since I wasn't allowed to attached more than 10 files in one post.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:56:40 pm by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

airbumps

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:05:46 am »
Nice work mate - Much appreciated.

I'm reliant on other peoples config files because GSX (or P3D) crashes when I try and customise them myself.

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:44:20 am »
That would be something to report if you haven't already.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 04:15:45 pm »
Here's another one for Aerosoft Berlin-Tegel. I also replaced all references to BER with Eurowings since Tegel is one of their main hubs while Air Berlin sadly ceased operations in Oct 2017.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:02:46 pm »
I'm reliant on other peoples config files because GSX (or P3D) crashes when I try and customise them myself.

One thing I came to think of that maybe is what is causing issues is if you don't make sure the afcad path under the general section in any ini files you download matches where you have the scenery installed.

Below for example is what this looks like in the Aerosoft Berlin-Tegel ini file I just uploaded and obviously you would need to change this path to suit your installation location.

[general]
afcad_path = F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Airport Berlin-Tegel\scenery\EDDT_AFX-OP02.BGL
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 08:08:41 pm »
Re-uploaded the ini file for Iraklion since I realized I forgot to add proper airline codes.

So for anyone who downloaded the ini file for LGIR I suggest you re-download it.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 09:18:46 pm »
LGAV updated in the first post with more exact parking positions + added Orbx Bilbao and LH Simulations Budapest in this post.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »
And here's the config/ini file for FSDT Geneva where things were quite OK already from start but I did some adjustments where needed.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 04:58:01 pm »
Finally finished Aerosoft EDDF, was a time-consuming one!
Richard Åsberg

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 12:22:54 pm »
Finally finished Aerosoft EDDF, was a time-consuming one!

Great job doing all the ini files thank you

WebMaximus

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 12:39:15 pm »
Thanks for the appreciation and you're welcome.

Currently working on FT EHAM which is the last one of my airports and will have it uploaded as soon as I'm finished with it.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 07:57:01 pm »
Here's FlyTampa EHAM, enjoy!
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 12:57:54 pm »
Zurich updated with more exact stop positions and marshaller removed where not required.
Richard Åsberg

p3dx3

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 05:38:56 am »
Here's FlyTampa EHAM, enjoy!

Gate R's the marshaller is inside buildings. I will set distance in the ini do you think 15 meters is ok?