Author Topic: Mysterious deactivation!  (Read 4044 times)

Tight Git

Mysterious deactivation!
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:06:15 pm »
Good morning,

My KLAX v2 (installed in FSX for several years) has just somehow de-activated itself.

(I see jetways but no buildings, which I believe means trial mode.)

However, the add-on manager says KLAX is installed and active!

Can I have some assistance to retrieve the airport, please?

Kindly note that I'm retired and have only a basic computer knowledge, so please keep it simple!

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mysterious deactivation!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:42:49 pm »
(I see jetways but no buildings, which I believe means trial mode.)

That's not Trial mode. Trial mode is: all the scenery, visible for 5 minutes at the time. No buildings, right from the start, means "software not running", so your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation

However, the add-on manager says KLAX is installed and active!

That's because it IS active. As I've said, your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation.

Do you also have the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu ? If not, this explains why the scenery doesn't show, and the most common cause for this, is that an update of the antivirus, has introduced a bug, which is blocking the program from starting, since it has mistakenly flagged it as a threat. It isn't, of course, it's just an antivirus bug.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder.

- Download and install the scenery using the latest installer. Be sure you keep the antivirus DISABLED when downloading and installing.

Tight Git

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:53:33 pm »
Many thanks for your very quick reply.

As I said, I'm not very good with computers so please bear with me:

Yes, I see the Couatl menu under add-ons.

Do I need to un-install my existing KLAX?

Do you mean download from your website?

Will I need to re-purchase?

I have the product key in my receipt email from November 2013, so can I use that, please?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Peter.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:56:07 pm by Tight Git »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 02:39:18 pm »
Just uninstall KLAX and reinstall it using the new installer from the Download page of the site. No need to repurchase anything, of course.

Tight Git

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 08:23:25 pm »
Hello again,

I've followed your instructions carefully (with fingers crossed since I didn't really understand what I was doing!) and all is now OK, so many thanks.

Just one further point:

I've noticed that your airports have all been installed on my C drive, whereas all my other airports around the world are in my FSX main folder on F drive.

Is it OK to move FSDT airports across, or is there some special reason for them to be in C drive?

Thank you.

Tight Git

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 12:42:36 pm »
I'd be really grateful if someone could answer the above query.

I try to keep my C drive as uncluttered as possible, to give Windows some "elbow room", so I have F drive for all my flight sim software.

Can I move your Add On Manager (with all the airport folders) to my F drive, please?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 11:28:36 pm »
 The installer asks you where YOU want the addon manager to install to and suggests C:\ as a default. If you want to now move it, you should uninstall KLAX again and reinstall it being very careful to the prompts when asked about where you want it installed.

Tight Git

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 09:24:02 am »
Many thanks, looks like it was my fault.  :-[

Well, I did say I was rubbish with computers!

Just to be clear, The Add On Manager (currently in C drive) has folders for several other airports, including not FSDT, as well as something called Simobjects, Effects, Sound and couatl.

Do I need to uninstall all of these before reinstalling in F drive, please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 02:08:20 pm »
Do I need to uninstall all of these before reinstalling in F drive, please?

In order to "move" FSDT sceneries that have been already installed in their default location, you must do as follows:

1) Uninstall them ALL

2) Be sure you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", at least once. THIS is what will allow you to reinstall them on a different folder later on.

3) After you uninstall everything, you can then reinstall, and the first installation will give you a chance to set a new installation location, such as F:\ , provided you did Step #2

Tight Git

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 05:53:27 pm »
Brilliant!

To show my appreciation for your assistance, I've bought your KLAS.

Thanks again.  :)