Author Topic: Trial Mode after removal KPHX  (Read 2507 times)

christiaan

Trial Mode after removal KPHX
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:05:35 pm »
FSX Wanted to migrate KPHX to FlightBeam.

Disabled KPHX in Addon Manager  as suggested on FlightBeam forum ,then removed KPHX from the Windows Add/Remove programme.

However I now had the Trial Version in FSX.

Also all the files are still in the Addon Manager FlightBeam ,Couatl, SimObjects /Misc folders which is located in my Sim.

I installed a new Manager recently as is seemed to have been removed despite ticking NO.

As I was not certain I put the new Manager in the FSX SIm.

Maybe it could not find the correct path.

Shall I just remove these files from the Addon Manager so that I can safely re-install the new version in FlightBeam folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trial Mode after removal KPHX
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:38:46 pm »

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:54:01 am »
Removed manually all the KPHX from the Manager and the new version from FlightBeam went very well.

I must say it was very confusing.

Topic SOLVED

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:41:19 pm »
I must say it was very confusing.

The main issue of the problem, was that, when P3D V4 was released last year, we switched from installing INTO the sim, to installing in a different folder and, in order to SAVE users from the hassle of having to uninstall everything (FSDT and Flightbeam), re-download everything, and reinstall everything, just to move files they already had from a place to another and reconfigure the sim to see them, we had the "migration" process, which did all of this automatically.

The migration had a side effect: the Uninstaller wouldn't work completely, because an uninstaller it's made at *install* time, so it can only remove files from the original locations they were installed into, but they were moved by the migration process, and it wasn't possible to update the uninstallers too: you need a new installer too, which would in turn create an updated uninstaller able to remove from the new file locations.

This wouldn't be a problem, and it's not a problem for our sceneries, since user would eventually get an updated installer anyway, but it became a problem since the new installers from Flightbeam don't use the Addon Manager anymore, so you must do what you were originally saved from doing by the migration: uninstall everything, and reinstall everything only using updated installers.