Author Topic: Stuttering sometimes, with 32FPS  (Read 5035 times)

RobbieG

Stuttering sometimes, with 32FPS
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:05:40 am »
Hello,

I finally bought this product today having used the trial version, it seemed ok.

I normally get 32FPS in the SSTSIM Concorde full screen or not full screen, at JFK I have to go to full screen for take-off and landing becuase Ill get a rock bottom 18FPS, now while I dont mind this I get 32 Locked, but it sometimes drops to 22 and jumps back up between 28-32 and rather annoyling stutters, it just seems weired why it stutters at that sort of frame rate, the stuttering is not that bad, everything moves just the scenery around me takes a second to load evertime I turn. Any tips on how to reduce that but not have an affect on vissual performance at all and my current setup.

The nearest add-on scenery is Miami that is payware, so I dont think that local scenery is a problem.

2 500GB HDDs, 2.4Ghz Q6600,  9600GT 512MB, 4GB RAM, Vista 32 Home Premium.

Aerodynamic

Re: Stuttering sometimes, with 32FPS
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:40 am »
Sounds like you are having the same problem as me.  I noticed it in the demo and am holding back my purchase until it is addressed.  I think FSDT is going to be releasing a batch of textures that are resized so that they can load faster in FS9.  They have already done this for other sceneries such as Las Vegas and Geneva.  Hopefully it helps the issue.

Scott

RobbieG

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43:04 am »
If so, I reckon it would slightly sort the issue out if not rectify it fully, to be honest its not actually a bad product considering they have converted it from FSX to FS9 rather FS9-FSX, just goes to show that the FS9 engine can deal with scenery much better than FSX, taking into account that FS9 can only utilize one core and FSX uses 4 and the engine is a tad crap on systems. Not a bash on FSX, but it really does need a NASA Computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:16:25 pm »
Have you tried the Textures resizer that we posted today ?