Author Topic: FSDT Tech Question on KLAS / McCarren Airport ??  (Read 5960 times)

Jetranger

• Jetranger
FSDT Tech Question on KLAS / McCarren Airport ??
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:27:44 pm »
Feb 1st 2018

I recently purchased FSDT KLAS / Airport & installed & Injected into my FSX Gold / Acceleration (BOXED) Edition.

Before I try this I'd like your advice & input

I'd like to "INSTALL" and inject that Nevada,   "BLUE SKY SCENERY" for that area.

Do you know if its compatible with your Airport ????

have you ever tried it ???

How would you suggest I list the BLUE SKY Scenery in the FSX Gold / Acceleration Scenery Menu ????

Any advice & tips , knowledge would be appreciated !   :)

BLUE SKY SCENERY :  http://www.blueskyscenery.com/NV.html

Jetranger7777@hotmail.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Tech Question on KLAS / McCarren Airport ??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:50:10 pm »
Never heard of that scenery. The general rule is, airport sceneries should always be placed on an higher priority layer than larger underneath areas.

So, if by installing this scenery, you'll end up with FSDT KLAS below it, just move it back up, should fix most of the issues.

bradl

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:40:49 am »
Never heard of that scenery. The general rule is, airport sceneries should always be placed on an higher priority layer than larger underneath areas.

So, if by installing this scenery, you'll end up with FSDT KLAS below it, just move it back up, should fix most of the issues.

BlueSky Scenery is more of a mesh-type scenery, depicting more photoreal textures of how the area looks. It is basically all freeware, which you could lay other scenery on top of it. I used it with various FSDT sceneries when I was using FS9, and Umberto is right here; placing the FSDT scenery at a higher priority layer than the BlueSky Scenery will fix the issue.

BL.

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:05 am »
OK - I will work on that soon and inject Blue Sky Scenery into my FSX Gold / Acceleration

Giving the Airport a higher priority , see what happens

I've a had few areas of Blue Sky Scenery before, and it was really nice looking scenery, I've just never used it with FSDT Airports like Las Vegas, McCarren

This Blue Sky Scenery will make a huge difference in the surrounding area 

it really looked nice up around RENO when I had that area installed.

If ya haven't tried it ,, its nice scenery, NOT all dis'colored crap like some others are, the guy knows what he's doing !

will get back to ya shortly with phptos or video showing how it went

Thanks, guys for your input !!

Jetranger

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:26:07 pm »
February 15 2018  

Virtuali

After installing your KLAS Airport, which went smoothly and well on my system with FSX Gold/Acceleration (BOXED) edition, I then went to work installing "BLUE SKY SCENERY", for Most of the state of NEVADA.

I did as you instructed and gave your FSDT -KLAS Las Vegas Airport a Higher Priority than BLUE SKY SCENERY.

The end result was Terrific !!!  

worked well.

Much, much better around Las Vegas and surrounding area.

Here is a VIDEO I made about it showing your FSDT Las Vegas mixed with Blue Sky Scenery

Dave / Jetranger

YOU TUBE VIDEO  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyxBVcJzaCg
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:31:14 pm by Jetranger »

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 04:13:33 pm »
3/5/2018 UPDATE : 

I recently after many many hours of tinkering with that A.I. Traffic Program, AIFP got it to work and have added several Older model HD Quality AI Jetliners to FSDT Las Vegas Airport.

I have some arriving from all over, Hawaii, Alaska, Florida, Asia, other parts of the South Pacific and united states & Canada. 

That AIFP AI Traffic generator does work, once a user learns how to properly use it, there is a tad bit of a steep learning curve however.

plan on learning for quite a while before you get the actual hang of it, don't get overly frustrated !!!

AIFP LINK : http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

mikestout

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 09:50:37 pm »
Need help. When KLAS loads and places my PMDG 737 Its positioned to far back for the jetway to work.
My UTL AI traffic is the same all aircraft loaded to far back for jetways...

I would slew up a few feet but my slew mode for some reason is screwed up. I think this might have been
a result of the GSX update I ran.

Thanks MIke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 03:49:20 pm »
As explained so many times on the forum, whenever you see problems placing the airplane, it's never a fault of the airport, and it's always a conflict caused by another AFCAD coming from another product.

Usually, those offending sceneries are those supplied with AI Traffic products, like MyTraffic, which are supposed to be used only if you have the default airport, but will cause double objects and problems if you have an addon airport, so they must be removed.

Either find a .BGL file with a name that seems to be related to KLAS, or use the Simple Airport Scanner utility, to help you find conflicting files.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 07:32:15 pm »
3/4/2019

I should of added to install & inject only A.I. Aircraft when using that A.I. Traffic installer, there are literally toms of AI Aircraft to be found on Flight Sim.com and AV SIM for that specific purpose only, which is way easier on Frame Rates and are of High Quality models, NOT all boxy and square like previous versions made for FS 2002/2004/FS9 sim's.