Author Topic: Odd Lighting at KIAH  (Read 6987 times)

bhorv67

Odd Lighting at KIAH
« on: January 24, 2018, 04:53:52 am »
This is a fresh install of KIAH, downloaded within the last week. The textures look very strange on the ground - like different colors all over and the building and lighting is very bright.

I noticed there was another post about this, but no resolution was posted. I do have the Virtuali folder excluded from Windows Defender.
This is running on P3dv4.1

This is the only FSDT airport I'm having this problem with. The textures look normal during the day.

Appreciate the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd Lighting at KIAH
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:36:15 pm »
Have you changed the default lighting settings for HDR ? Or installed some 3rd party addon that might have modified them ?

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:49:43 am »
Only modification I've made to the HDR settings is bring the brightness down to .4, bloom is 0, saturation is .8.

Don't believe I've added anything that would modify HDR. I don't use PTA.

Strange this is the only airport I have this issue.

okupton

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 01:30:17 am »
I'm seeing the same issue in P3dV3.4.  Just reinstalled houston and getting the same problem. I don't have any shaders installed or any other lighting mods.

bhorv67

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:36 am »
Any follow up on a fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:45:36 am »
We cannot replicate it so, it can only be caused by a 3rd party addon that has somewhat changed the night lighting or the HDR parameters.

okupton

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 03:55:47 am »
Isn’t it odd that this is the only airport that this is happening with? How is the lighting different at iah compared to say lax of ord?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:19:47 pm »
Isn’t it odd that this is the only airport that this is happening with? How is the lighting different at iah compared to say lax of ord?

Because not all night textures are affected the same way by a modifcation in the sim lightning parameters, it also depends how dark they were to begin with.

okupton

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 01:21:54 am »
Just updated my Houston to the newest version and it seems to have fixed my lighting issue.

okupton

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 01:50:36 am »
Disregard.  Not fixed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 10:35:23 am »
Disregard.  Not fixed

Of course, since the textures haven't been changed in this update, and there wasn't anything to fix to begin with. Please read the rest of the post: if you see textures brighter than they should, it's because you either have an addon that change the lighting ( like PTA ) OR you changed the HDR settings in the sim.

okupton

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 04:22:46 am »
So I moved to p3dv4 and obviously the lighting issues I had are now solved. But man does Houston perform well and look incredible in v4. Really enjoyed flying in and out of there with the storms this week. The wet textures / puddles looked fantastic. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk