Author Topic: UPS Ground Service at KSDF  (Read 4209 times)

joshuatrees

UPS Ground Service at KSDF
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:45:00 pm »
Hello.  Pardon my ignorance, but once I'm at the UPS stands at KSDF on my 757 how do I get the UPS guy's to start unloading the plane?  (I have GSX installed that I purchased a while back), all GSX is letting me do is open the UPS doors (when I hit Ctrl F12), I opened the 757 cargo door, but it's not doing anything.  Thanks guys.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: UPS Ground Service at KSDF
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15:23 pm »
As explained on the manual, there's nothing special you are supposed to do, the cargo stand loading method will happen automatically if ALL of these are true:

- You are parked on one of the UPS Cargo Stand spots:

AND

- You are using a plane with a forward cargo door

AND

- The plane is correctly configured in GSX to have the main cargo door in its proper place

AND

- You have parked in the precise, exact, position for the 757.

If any of these is not happening, the loading will be the same as in every other parking.

joshuatrees

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 12:45:09 am »
As explained on the manual, there's nothing special you are supposed to do, the cargo stand loading method will happen automatically if ALL of these are true:

- You are parked on one of the UPS Cargo Stand spots:

AND

AND

- The plane is correctly configured in GSX to have the main cargo door in its proper place

AND

- You have parked in the precise, exact, position for the 757.

If any of these is not happening, the loading will be the same as in every other parking.

Thank you for the reply, Umberto.  I will see if it works for me next time.  I'll be sure to consider the following.

simsuper80

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:31:23 pm »

what about the 747BCF?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:02:33 am »
what about the 747BCF?

Since it doesn't have a forward cargo door, it cannot use the UPS Cargo Stand. The reason why it can't would be obvious if you tried to align the rear cargo door with the cargo stand: the airplane nose would crash into the building!

In real life, 747 use the areas 9 and 11 on the Apron.