Author Topic: "Push In" at Dortmund (EDLW) with GSX?  (Read 7114 times)

Bert Groner

"Push In" at Dortmund (EDLW) with GSX?
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:44:07 pm »
Hello Virtuali!

Aersoft has just releaed a combined version of the City of Dortmund and it's airport as "Approaching Dortmund" for P3D v4.

The speciality at this airport is that at the parking positions 5 to 12  planes are "pushed in" from taxiway M to the terminal. See a part of the airport chart here with arrows pintin gto the taxiway...

...and a real procudure video here:

This is because of the inner saftey zone of the CAT-II-ILS: The apron is higher as the runway and normal "pushed back" parked airplanes would penetrate this zone with their high tails.

Will it be possible to integrate the "Push In" into GSX? Would be a great new feature.

Thanks a lot and best regards for now!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Push In" at Dortmund (EDLW) with GSX?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:00:04 am »
Will it be possible to integrate the "Push In" into GSX? Would be a great new feature.

GSX doesn't support Push In, but this is surely a planned feature for a future version. We'll surely keep in mind but, we are working on something so big for GSX, that it will have to be postponed for the time being, more like the 2nd half of the year, when we'll go back to other core features that could be improved, like Pushback.

We balance our work on GSX between improving exiting features and adding entirely new ones. For example, last year we took Refueling, which was a bit negleted in old versions, and totally revamped. Now, we are working on an entirely new feature/s, which we are not ready to announce just yet but, after that, we'll go back and revisit the existing features again, and Pushback is surely a prime candidate for improvement.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:08:05 pm by virtuali »

Bert Groner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 11:11:30 am »
Sounds good: Most appreciated, Umberto - take your time!

Best regards!

Bert

SGEfan78

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 06:58:37 pm »
Any news after exactly four years?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 09:35:01 pm »
Any news after exactly four years?
They're working on getting GSX running for MSFS first before they introduce new features. And before you ask why, have a look here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18453.msg169588.html#msg169588
Captain Kevin

disco79stu

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 06:19:57 pm »
I actually managed to create a push-in config at EDLW.
It's a bit quirky and you'll have to compromise a bit, but it works quite well. Here's what I have done:

1. I re-configured one gate (in my case gate 6) and turned it 180°, moved it a bit to be on one of the fitting markings.

2. Then I re-positioned another gate (in my case gate 7) to be the taxiway M, turned 90°. I removed everything I don't need in the menu.

3. When I taxi in, I select gate 7. The marshaller will then stop me at the newly defined holding point on taxiway M (similar how the do it IRL).

4. Then I call for pushback and define a custom pushback route to end on the parking positioned gate 6 I defined above (1.). This custom route is saved by GSX btw.

5. It will then push me on to gate 6, ending up facing north/west, tail to the gate.

6. After pushback, I have to select "reset position" in the gsx menu, for GSX to "loose" connection to gate 7 and recognize that the aircraft is now on gate 6.

I can then call the stairs etc. normally ...
I still haven't tried if I can now also define walk-in passengers that will walk to the gate behind the plane... will try that next. :)

Downsides:
- You'll have to approach the first position from the correct direction. So depending on the runway in use, you'll probably have to configure a gate for each direction.
- You'll lose those gates you put on the taxiway M, because the essentially just places to call pushback from now.

But so far, it worked for me. Maybe this can work for you as well.

Cheers
Stu
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 08:54:48 pm by disco79stu »

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 09:26:15 pm »
Little followup on my improvised solution:

- I noticed that IRL they don't actually push in from taxiway M but from that dashed line, so I modified the "dummy gate (7)" accordingly.

- I incorporated the custom pushback route and named it "PUSH IN GATE 6".

- Additional compromise/note: You'll have to turn off the engines for pushback to be available (no idea if they do IRL)

- After pushback you can also select "abort pushback" right away, if you don't want to wait for them to leave (before you then can "reset position" to have the de-boarding option available).

- Of course, you'll have to ignore/mute all of the voice commands and responses like "ready to start engines" etc...

- I also added a walk-in gate, which also works great if the gate is behind the plane. Last waypoint has to be on the rear door though, otherwise the rear door passengers would walk to the front first :)

If anyone wants to try it and/or further modify, optimize or have fun with it, I attached the config below. It's currently only pushing in to gate 6 from gate 7.

See a also a video of it here (sorry for the quality and ignore the wild airport traffic that's driving everywhere):

Cheers,
Stu

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:52:51 pm by disco79stu »

trisho0

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 08:40:28 pm »
Will be "Push In" available for MSFS sim? GSX from FSX and P3D detects the EDLW Dortmund Gates 5 - 12 as jetways but those Gangways are not jetways. Those Gangways extend their tunnel nicely. The FSX, P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 don't have "Push In" from GSX.

Patricio Valdes

GermanSpottingTV

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 07:50:00 pm »
Good day!

Any news on this topic? :)
Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 05:05:17 pm »
Reverse pushback was just the first (most important) step to allow all the other features (Push-in and Gate to gate) which are now possible and surely planned.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 12:29:01 pm »
Including P3Dv4?  That would be nice on certain parking/gate spots at certain airports. 
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 02:21:02 pm »
Including P3Dv4?  That would be nice on certain parking/gate spots at certain airports.
I don't see why it wouldn't be, given that pulling the plane was also brought into P3D V4.
Captain Kevin