Author Topic: Airports missing after removing FlightBeam airport  (Read 5405 times)

christiaan

Airports missing after removing FlightBeam airport
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:10:35 pm »

Have FSX and recently migrated an airport of FlightBeam from the Add-on Manager, when asked if I wanted to remove the Addon Manager & Couatl I

ticked no.

Today I went for the first time in many months to A FSDT airport.

At all the FSDT airports the buildings have disappeared.

Before I mess everything up I would like to know what to do.

I have downloaded the latest Stand-a-Lone addon manager but not yet installed as the default path was C: Programme Files (x86).

I have my FSX installed on a separate Hard Disc.

I have a couple of airports like KJFK which I have not updated, and not planning to update at this time.

Will this give any issues when updating the Manager.

All FSDT are active and Couatl in present, I checked this in FSX and received the message that I should download the manager.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Airports missing after removing FlightBeam airport
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:58:14 pm »
 When you uninstalled the Flightbeam airport did you also uninstall the Addon Manager?

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:26:20 am »
As mentioned above as far as I can remember I did not remove the Addon manager when asked as I knew this would affect the remaining sceneries.

However in the FSX/FSDT/Couatl folder the majority of FSDT airports have no contents.

The files were changed on he same date in December, about the same time I removed a FlightBeam airport.

Hope that all the questions in my first message can be answered

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:41:26 am by christiaan »

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:55:29 am »
Reinstall the FSDT Standalone Addon Manager
Regards
Stephen Cooke

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:50:16 pm »
As I mentioned I have the FSDT Airports in the main E:FSX/FSDT folder which also includes Couatl.

Do I use the C: Programme Files (86) to install the Manager.

Would this affect the sceneries as I do not want to (re) install the airports on the C: due to lack of space.

After installing the Manager are there other steps I need to take in the FlightSim Addon Manager Tool Bar.

All my airports are "Active" in the Addon Manager even though though they are not showing.

NickFlightX

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 06:08:05 pm »
Try resintalling an airport and see if that has an affect.

christiaan

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 07:19:15 pm »
In FSX I removed KLAS then installed again using  my seriel number but this not make any difference.

Still hoping.

christiaan

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 02:16:45 pm »
My thanks to those who gave me advice, much appreciated.

I decided to take the advice and installed the new Manager.

I choose FSX/FSDT folder, instead of the Default path, were all the airports are situated.

Everything seemed  to go alright.

I had several airports without gates but after off/on in the AES programme they showed up.

Also downloaded was GSX which has given longer loading times due to the extra scenery/texture files.

I only need to start looking how to use the GSX.

Also got a message that Kiah was outdated.

The missing Manager has given me a lot to do these past few days.

Like other forum members I am certain that I choose "NO" when deleting a FlightBeam airport from the Addon Manager in FSX.

A final question about KIAH, do I need to remove the outdated version in the Windows Add/Remove programme or can I use the manager in the FSX

Flightsim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 11:20:42 pm »
It's much easier if you just do the following:

- Uninstall everything, both FSDT and Flightbeam. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall all the FSDT sceneries, using ONLY the current version of the installers. DO NOT install with older installers.

- Reinstall all the Flightbeam sceneries, using ONLY the current version of the installers. DO NOT install with older installers.

Now the installer give you a choice of installing outside the sim, it's best if you do it that way. The suggested location is FINE, unless you don't have enough space on C: Installing on another drive is perfectly fine too, installing INTO the sim, it's probably the worse choice.

christiaan

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 11:50:36 pm »
Thanks for your reply, due to lack of space on the C: disk I had no other choice than to install in the Sim.

What issues can this cause.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 11:53:28 pm »
Thanks for your reply, due to lack of space on the C: disk I had no other choice than to install in the Sim.

Please re-read my last sentence:

The suggested location is FINE, unless you don't have enough space on C: Installing on another drive is perfectly fine too, installing INTO the sim, it's probably the worse choice.

So, again, if you don't have enough space on C:, which seems to assume you have another drive, you should simply install into the root folder of it, OUTSIDE the sim. D:\Addon Manager, for example, it's perfectly fine.

What issues can this cause.

Permission issues, for example, and in general an easier way of uninstalling, if you don't install into the sim.

christiaan

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 12:24:24 pm »
Thanks for your advice, I am learning something every time.

Now I understand what you mean about installing outside the FSX Sim.

A couple of further questions,

After installing the new manager I tested all the FSDT airports and only Kiah came up as being outdated.

To update I have first to unstall using the Add/Remove programme.

As KIAH is the only one not updated can I avoid un(re)installation of the other FSDT airports.

If I do not do anything with the other airports do I still need to say  yes to the Manager & Coualt delete message.

Also I will be removing the last FlightBeam scenery of KPHX at the same time following the method shown on the FB forum.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 12:57:24 pm »
After installing the new manager I tested all the FSDT airports and only Kiah came up as being outdated.

Which is why I said:

Reinstall all the FSDT sceneries, using ONLY the current version of the installers. DO NOT install with older installers.

If the Addon Manager says KIAH is outdated, then it's outdated so, of course, the solution is to reinstall it using the current version of the installer.

christiaan

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 10:24:47 am »
If I remove the Addon Manager, which due to my mistake is in the SIM, as you mentioned will I be able to put the new Addon Manager outside the Sim

without any creating issues, for example any files which remain etc.

I am also migrating the FlightBeam file KPHX, according to the FlightBeam method I need to disable the scenery in the FSX Sim Addon manager then

remove the scenery from the Windows Add/On programme.

Is this the same method for FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 12:28:10 pm »
If I remove the Addon Manager, which due to my mistake is in the SIM, as you mentioned will I be able to put the new Addon Manager outside the Sim

without any creating issues, for example any files which remain etc.

Just follow the instructions in my first post, they already covered up everything you needed to do. I'll repeat them again here:

- Uninstall everything, both FSDT and Flightbeam. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall all the FSDT sceneries, using ONLY the current version of the installers. DO NOT install with older installers.

- Reinstall all the Flightbeam sceneries, using ONLY the current version of the installers. DO NOT install with older installers.