Author Topic: No cloud shadows on Airport surface  (Read 3367 times)

RALF9636

No cloud shadows on Airport surface
« on: January 19, 2018, 01:24:50 pm »
P3DV4.1.

Even though the surroundings of the airport are shadowed by clouds the airport surface still shines in bright sunlight. The aiport buildings seem to be shadowed though.

Any idea?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No cloud shadows on Airport surface
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 04:12:53 pm »
That's likely because in your graphic settings, you haven't enabled Simobjects to receive shadows.

RALF9636

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 05:52:43 pm »
That's likely because in your graphic settings, you haven't enabled Simobjects to receive shadows.

No. All shadow receive checkboxes are activated, including simobjects.

Just speculating here, but maybe the problem is the same as in my other topic (Megascenery photoreal layer shining through). The ground layer of KLAS seems not to be recognized properly by the sim thus no shadow is created there and the priority of the photoreal layer does not get accepted.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:01:46 pm by RALF9636 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:41:45 am »

If with "all", you really mean "all", this might be a problem because, if you also checked the "No shadow flagged content", it means you are allowing even the objects we explicitly flagged to not cast shadows, to cast them anyway so, even the background it's casting a shadow (it shouldn't) so, consider you also seems to have two backgrounds in conflict, one is casting a shadow over the other one.

RALF9636

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:09:42 pm »

If with "all", you really mean "all", this might be a problem because, if you also checked the "No shadow flagged content", it means you are allowing even the objects we explicitly flagged to not cast shadows, to cast them anyway so, even the background it's casting a shadow (it shouldn't) so, consider you also seems to have two backgrounds in conflict, one is casting a shadow over the other one.

I meant exactly what I said. All shadow receive checkboxes are activated. There is no shadow receive checkbox for "No Shadow Flagged Content", only a shadow cast checkbox (which I do not have activated).