Author Topic: serial  (Read 3392 times)

Joaco152

serial
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:32:29 pm »
i have problem when i install kiah and all fsdt products , i cant register serial via addon manager in p3d v4.1 menu and i had to add manually in exe.dll located in %programdata% this command i dont know what to do , because every fsdt product i install i had to do all the samethings to install via exe.dll and restart my pc , cheers.

<Name>Couatl</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: serial
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 04:39:19 pm »
i had to add manually in exe.dll located in %programdata% this command i dont know what to do

You DO NOT have to manually add the modules to the XML file and, in fact, you SHOULD NOT, because we don't use the centralized XML method anymore, but the more proper native way of the add-on.xml, which is private for each product.

If you add the module to the EXE.XML, the module would be loaded TWICE, causing all sort of issues. The installer, of course, correctly adds everything that needs to be added so, you should not make any changes manually.

However, it's possible (under certain versions of the sim), that an already corrupted .XML file (either because you have edited it by hand or because of a defective installer of another product that DO use that file), could prevent modules loaded through the add-on.xml method from loading so, that's why maybe you *though* you had to add the module manually, but you don't. The solution in this case would be just removing the XML files, which we don't use.

Or, the program might have simply being blocked by the antivirus, because of a bug of the antivirus. The solution in this case is to reinstall with the antivirus disabled and configure it to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

Joaco152

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
thanks for help and in this case? should i delete the code from .exe and install with antivirus offline? or i can delete .exe and when open my sim have an other new one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:38:03 pm »
Removing ALL the EXE.XML and DLL.XML files from BOTH %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin folders will at least ensure you are starting with clean files. Then, you should reinstall GSX with the antivirus DISABLED, and then configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Then, if you had other 3rd party modules that used the EXE.XML and DLL.XML methods, you'll have to reinstall all of them, otherwise they won't start anymore (since you removed the XML files).

Of course, if all addons that claim to be compatible with P3D4 would use the proper way to install (with the add-on.xml method, like we do), you wouldn't have had to do any of this, because each addon would have its own private add-on.xml, so a corrupted one won't prevent others from starting, which is what happens when using a centralized XML file.