Author Topic: GSX Crashes  (Read 3089 times)

Llondon

GSX Crashes
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:50:48 pm »
GSX is crashing. Cannot re-install or update. Anti-virus is disabled. Please see attached error file with enclosed log.

rockbolt

Re: GSX Crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:03:09 pm »
Hi there,

I have received recently similar error logs and CTD. Can anyone help pls ? Thx

The error log:
couatl v3.2 (build 3894)
panic log started on Thu Jan 18 00:57:50 2018

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 351, in do
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\passengerBus.py", line 106, in getLeaveRoute
IndexError: list index out of range
{'Requested FollowMe to': 'Parking 4', 'Airport': 'CSH4', 'User Pos': (49.03507566103964, -77.0203499417917, 294.756 m, 2.14818 m, 49.12403076294852)}

Llondon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 12:05:51 am »
I solved this issue after hours of trial and error. The only thing that worked for me was to uninstall all FSDREAM airports and GSX. I then added this two files to Norton anti-virus:
YourFSXFolder or Prepar3d\Folder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSX or Prepar3d\Folder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

I also deleted the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
Your config file might be in a different diectory or might be FSX.cfg. The config will rebuild. You can rename rather than delete as a precaution. Suggest you check out the attached files. Hope this works for you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:20:45 pm »
The only thing that worked for me was to uninstall all FSDREAM airports and GSX. I then added this two files to Norton anti-virus:

YourFSXFolder or Prepar3d\Folder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSX or Prepar3d\Folder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

This is outdated information you probably took from an old post. The current version of our installers don't normally install INTO the flightsim folder (unless you force them to do so, which is not a very good solution), but the use their own folder, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

So, the correct way to exclude files from antivirus scanning, i to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder, wherever it is located.

This might be required also to stop the antivirus from interfering with our Live Update program, which some defective antivirus assume it's "dangerous", just because it's *downloading* (which it's precisely what a Live Update is supposed to do...), and the Live Update is required to work, in order to be sure you have the very latest version of all files.