Author Topic: FSCommander no longer can read FSDT/FB Files  (Read 2498 times)

Wise87

FSCommander no longer can read FSDT/FB Files
« on: June 04, 2017, 11:34:53 pm »
Just a FYI for those that rely on FSC for moving map view. This new Addon Manager doesn't allow FSC database manager to read the files since they are no longer listed in the Scenery.Cfg. I have posted on the FSC support forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSCommander no longer can read FSDT/FB Files
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 12:22:17 am »
The Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with this.

The new installation system it's not an "Addon Manager" thing, it's the officially suggested addon distribution system for Prepar3D, and it has been like that since P3D 3.4, we are just one the first addon developers that adopted it, but there are others too.

So, the real issue is, that all 3rd party utilities that needs to read the scenery database, cannot continue to rely "just" on the scenery.cfg, but must be updated to support this new system as soon as possible, because there are going to be more and more sceneries that will come out in the future that will switch to this new method.

The file that must be read now, in addition to the scenery.cfg, it's called scenery_add-ons.xml, and contains an updated list of all scenery areas added with the add-ons.xml method so, it's very easy to read.

Capbat

Re: FSCommander no longer can read FSDT/FB Files
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:05:05 pm »
The thing is that FSC is probably not aware of that 'scenery_add_ons_xml' file. I have search on my sytem and the only place I found a file by that name is in a Flightsim Estonai old backup directory.
So where is that file 'scenery_add_ons_xml'

Bat