Author Topic: Update Feature Request: Retain Custom AFCADs  (Read 2004 times)

downscc

Update Feature Request: Retain Custom AFCADs
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:41 pm »
I do not use AI so my primary interest in the AF file is parking, pushback and accurate NAVAIDs.  However, any modification to your file with ADE to create a custom AF file for the purpose of, for example, custom GSX pushback links/nodes, is removed when FSDT Updater is run. It is my use of GSX pushback feature that leads to the need to customize the AF file, for example where the existing apron links do not provide a suitable path for the pushback and simply designating a custom node will not suffice.  In these cases, one must add apron links and nodes to set up the path.  Another common use is to customize GA Ramp parking on a FBO ramp to accommodate aircraft such as the DC6 or a B736 BBJ.  The problem is that when the updater is run then all my custom AFCAD files are removed and must be manually replaced.

Please provide a user option to disable AFCAD updates in the updater. It will make using GSX a little easier.

sticky1202

Re: Update Feature Request: Retain Custom AFCADs
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 01:29:03 pm »
When I run the updater, it gives me the option of replacing my custom AFCAD or not. Are you running the most current updater?

Jim

downscc

Re: Update Feature Request: Retain Custom AFCADs
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:42:03 pm »
It asked only for KSDF  where I took the option to not replace but then all my AFCADs were removed.  I do not have a custom AF file for KSDF, but maybe it was the first location on the list?  All I know is I had to spend an extra 5-10 min restoring my files.