Author Topic: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS  (Read 71006 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:08 pm »
This is what I can see here, and it's what is supposed to happen. First one is with 100 ft, 2nd with 1ft, it's your file, edited with AFCAD and saved back.

As I've said, I don't know why it doesn't make any difference to you, but it's very well known that, in order to get rid of the default hold short zone in FS9, you need to set the taxiway linked to the hold short zone to 1 ft.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2009, 10:06:39 pm »
As I've said, I don't know why it doesn't make any difference to you...

I don´t know either...  ;D ;D ;D

But believe me, if would have seen that problem I would see it imediately. Then, it means that I am lucky... I don´t know why...

harpsi

sticky1202

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:11 pm »
  I see a few different AFCAD's attached to some of the posts here. Which one is the most current one with the crossing runways active?

Jim

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2009, 03:39:44 pm »
  I see a few different AFCAD's attached to some of the posts here. Which one is the most current one with the crossing runways active?

Jim

With crosswind runways? First page, first post.

harpsi

SDFlyer

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2009, 05:50:01 pm »

Jim

With crosswind runways? First page, first post.

harpsi

Harpsi,

Sorry, I'm confused about this too.  What is the difference between yours and MikeS, than?
Mark

sticky1202

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2009, 05:57:30 pm »
Thank you!

MikeS

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2009, 07:31:55 pm »
Sorry, I'm confused about this too.  What is the difference between yours and MikeS, than?

Take a look into the first posting on page 6 of this thread (reply #75). I have listed there all the points I changed (based on the original fsdt File). Everything is done in this file, except the crossing runways. This feature I'll include one of the next days. I'm currently a little bit busy.
Harpsi's File has already the crossing runways included, but otherwise it still needs some things to do which are already done in mine. So, take that one you prefer or wait a few days until mine is completely finished.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:31:29 pm by MikeS »
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

Dillon

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2009, 07:10:46 am »

Take a look into the first posting on page 6 of this thread (reply #75). I have listed there all the points I changed (based on the original fsdt File). Everything is done in this file, except the crossing runways. This feature I'll include one of the next days. I'm currently a little bit busy.
Harpsi's File has already the crossing runways included, but otherwise it still needs some things to do which are already done in mine. So, take that one you prefer or wait a few days until mine is completely finished.

Mike I've been testing out your file here and I find it to be spot on.  All the GA park in the locations they are supposed to and traffic around KLAS performs outstandingly well with how you have things arranged.  This current file is great as is without the need for crossing runways.  I find now I get properly vectored to runway 19R or 25L upon approach to the airport versus the phantom 22L I was getting with Harpsi's file (no disrespect to Harpsi as his offering is great as well minus the aforementioned problem and BBJ's parking at the FedEx/UPS/Cargo hangers).  Maybe a double release is in order Mike...  One for those wanting crossing runways and this current file.

For the record what advantage does crossing runways have outside of causing ATC to vector me to runways/locations that don't exist???  ???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:13:07 am by Dillon »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:24 am »
Hi

Dillon, I didn´t have time yet to change this minor things as I have no time in this days. Maybe in the weekend, I hope.

harpsi

MikeS

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2009, 07:16:16 pm »
Mike I've been testing out your file here and I find it to be spot on.  All the GA park in the locations they are supposed to and traffic around KLAS performs outstandingly well with how you have things arranged.  This current file is great as is without the need for crossing runways.  I find now I get properly vectored to runway 19R or 25L upon approach to the airport versus the phantom 22L I was getting with Harpsi's file (no disrespect to Harpsi as his offering is great as well minus the aforementioned problem and BBJ's parking at the FedEx/UPS/Cargo hangers).  Maybe a double release is in order Mike...  One for those wanting crossing runways and this current file.

For the record what advantage does crossing runways have outside of causing ATC to vector me to runways/locations that don't exist???  ???
Hi Dillon
Thanks for your statement. Yes, for myself I don't need crossing runways too, due to this frightful and unrealistic reel off of runways...  ;)
The Problems with the BBJs parking at Cargo positions in Harpsi's file could also happen in mine if there are no more free GA spots left in the specific size.
Let me try to explain why:  BBJ Planes are designated as "Ramp" or "Ramp-GA". In a AFCAD-file, GA-parking spots are designated as "RAMP-GA", "RAMP-GA-Large" or "*-small" etc... Cargo Parking-Spots are designated as "RAMP-Cargo". A Cargo-AI-Plane is normally designated as ""Cargo" or "Cargo, RAMP". If a Plane like a BBJ is searching for a matching parking spot, it searches for the designation "RAMP" and "GA". This will it find in the Parking-position "RAMP-GA" but it will find also "RAMP" in "RAMP-Cargo". If there are not "GA" designated spots left, it will take the "RAMP" which he'll find in "RAMP-Cargo" designated spots. It's a little bit tricky, I know, but I hope you understand now why this can happen.
But there should be enough spots for BBJ's I guess. If not, I can add more.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:19:18 pm by MikeS »
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

Dillon

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2009, 03:53:18 pm »
Mike I think you've nailed it already in regards to the BBJ spots.  I emailed Harpsi on this but it would be outstanding if one of you could help me with another location.  Blueprint's CYYZ AFCAD is in serious need of more GA spots.  This is something better taken offline as I can send you my already modified file.  It won't be as much work as KLAS as I've done most of the work myself, it's just I don't know how to add the extra GA spots needed.  KLAS and CYYZ are the only airports I've seen that needed that little extra care in the AFCAD because of the nature in how the airports are designed.  I think we've all done a great job with KLAS's afcad and hopefully I can get some help with CYYZ.

Thanks in advance...

Next is KFLL and hopefully KDFW for all of us...  ;)

Cereal Eater

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »
GA parking is easy as anything else in AFCAD: Click the parking button, click the screen where you want to add it, set the properties of the parking space, then all parking spot additions that follow will match those parameters. Then you simply connect the parking spots with taxi lanes.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2009, 01:56:42 pm »
Hi

A new file is in the first post. I added some parking positions and changed others. JNT codes are now in the west side of the airport as well. Try this one and comment. Anyway the file from Mike is also a good one with a different "parking" approach in the west side of the airport. Anyway, I think that this question of parking positions depends from the traffic each one uses. I added a lot of stands, but I can not add more 100 or 200 stands, just because one user decides to use a lot of Ga traffic. I think that 110 parking positions which include the JNT ones, the cargo stands and a few military spots is more than enough to handle all Ga traffic.

One more note: since a lot of users have the problem of the default taxi widths, I changed all the necessary ones  to 1 feet. I don´t have that problem but since there are a lot of users with it, I changed widths just fit all tastes and faced problems.

harpsi
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:20:25 pm by harpsi »

bousma

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2009, 04:05:43 pm »
Harpsi,

Thanks a lot for your efforts to provide us with an optimised AFCAD.  To avoid any misunderstanding with the different versions on this thread, could you upload the latest version ?

sticky1202

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2009, 02:04:02 am »
Yes--thanks for all the work on the AFCAD. Just a note for future AFCAD's, the new ICAO code for USAirways is AWE. They kept the America West code after the merger.----------------Jim