Author Topic: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS  (Read 71008 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:23:11 pm »
Hi

Ok. To be sure that everybody finds the file I will post a new file here which will be improved as soon as somebody has comments.

What I have done until now:
- parking positions and its specifications about airlines now 95 % accurate; I just need to know what happens to some airlines which are rare visitors of KLAS and some cargo airlines which I don´t know if they exist
- added some positions for GA traffic; maybe they are not enough since I don´t use a lot of GA traffic as well, and because of the fact that we don´t have so much marks on the ground to improve this
- crosswind system added according to the most common combination at KLAS (addapted to virtual life as well) which is:
  25 R opened for both operations
  25 L opened for landings only
  19 R opened for landings only
  19 L opened for take-offs only
  If the winds are blowing in the "opposite" way, it happens the opposite.

I need your comments to improve the file.

Have fun.

harpsi
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:18:05 pm by harpsi »

jordanal

Re: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:29:01 pm »
I don't see it mentioned elsewhere so I have to ask, does this work for the FSX version?
Regards,
Al

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:48:31 pm »
Hi

No. This file is only for FS9 version. It is a "free" file improved by me and, like all other sceneries is only for FS9 since it is the only sim I use at the moment.

harpsi

jordanal

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:59:16 pm »
Oh I see.  I was hoping it would work for FSX too as the Terminals A & B parking codes look much better.  Thank you much anyway.
Regards,
Al

phenocom

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 03:57:51 pm »
The reason it can't work for FSX is that the FSX afcad includes the Jetways and if you use the afcad for FS9 you will have no Jetways. Believe me I've tried it!!!!

Regards
Dave
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:05:49 pm by phenocom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 04:14:03 pm »
A little bit of patience: as soon Harpsi finishes his work, we'll take all the addition and will integrate in the default ACAD for the scenery, both in FSX and FS9. We did like this for all our sceneries that were released so far, and it worked out alright.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 04:56:18 pm »
Thank you Harpsi, It works fine for me  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Dillon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 07:13:46 pm »
Hi

Ok. To be sure that everybody finds the file I will post a new file here which will be improved as soon as somebody has comments.

What I have done until now:
- parking positions and its specifications about airlines now 95 % accurate; I just need to know what happens to some airlines which are rare visitors of KLAS and some cargo airlines which I don´t know if they exist
- added some positions for GA traffic; maybe they are not enough since I don´t use a lot of GA traffic as well, and because of the fact that we don´t have so much marks on the ground to improve this
- crosswind system added according to the most common combination at KLAS (addapted to virtual life as well) which is:
  25 R opened for both operations
  25 L opened for landings only
  19 R opened for landings only
  19 L opened for take-offs only
  If the winds are blowing in the "opposite" way, it happens the opposite.

I need your comments to improve the file.

Have fun.

harpsi

Harpsi I fixed the Afcad where aircraft taxi onto runway 19L.  In your file the AI would cross the runway from the GA area do an almost 165% turn back onto the runway when cleared for takeoff.  This conflicted with AI coming from the the main terminal for takeoff onto this runway.

One thing that would be nice Harpsi is if you would delete the GA parking spots in the AFCAD where Area51/Janet aircraft park.  The GA spots in that are that's along to the side can stay but the main ramp should be devoid of GA aircraft until someone hopefully makes some static Janet 737-200 aircraft to go there.  Look at Google Earth to see what I'm talking about here if you have the time...

Harpsi we still have a problem with larger GA aircraft parking at the cargo terminal.  We'll need some larger GA spots (7-8 should be good)  over along the GA area by the strip.  The southernmost executive area could use some spots added.

I modified the various gate at KLAS especially Terminal 'B' because I don't know if what was present is realistic in that it had Southwest planes parked there.  We can change things back it this is realistic today.  Terminal 'D' is still a mess as the same airline codes are for every gate at that terminal, I fixed this.  For example Delta and JetBlue have specific spots for parking there.  I did my best with placement but more modifications is likely necessary. The way things were before in the Afcad listed every gate at Terminal 'D' as a potential Delta parking spot among other airlines that park there. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:54:27 pm by Dillon »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:18:37 pm »
Terminal B doesnt have that much southwest presense. They only have a few gates at terminal b. What about codes for individual airlines for terminal D??? Im having trouble filling up all the gates in terminal d. I have them all labeled, but it is hard to see really how many gates each airline has with out seeing a pdf with them listed on their. The wikipedia list doesnt provide airline specific gates. I also added some 30 new ga spots and still need to add more because they are still parking at the terminals.

All of this is for FSX.

Dillon

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:08 pm »
I modified 'again' the gate locations in my updated afcad above to better represent airline placement at KLAS...  :-\

I'm sure others from this area can give a better perspective...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:45:01 pm by Dillon »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 09:53:35 pm »
Hi

Dillon, let me see your afcad and if your suggestions are better, I will place it in the first post. The file can be updated as soon as we all have more improvements to it. The best thing indeed would be some more yellow marks on the ground to make more spots. I know that we still need some spots to handle all GA traffic. I will look at it now.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 10:32:34 pm »
Harpsi my afcad mod is attached to my post above...

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 12:14:04 am »
Dillion, you have to many AAY gates, they only have one in real life. If u were to look at the arrivals and departure section of the vegas airport site you can see the gates that the airlines use.

commissioner

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 12:37:16 am »
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I have all 3 US Sceneries and they are awesome! Other than the GA issue, i noticed that on the new airport diagram that 7L and 25R is 14,510 feet long, it goes all the way to 1L, any way that you can fix this? thanks in advance

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 04:11:31 am »
Hi

I caught Dillon´s file since it is similar to mine with some improvements and I tweaked it myself:
- shortened runways 7L/25R and 1R/19L - traffic will flow better if 1R and 7L are in use for take-offs
- added more GA traffic spots
- modified some parking specs for terminals B and D
- some minor issues found

The file is posted in the first post above. Feel free to do your comments and make suggestions.

harpsi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:15:12 am by harpsi »