Author Topic: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS  (Read 71583 times)

MikeS

Re: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2009, 12:00:37 am »
Hi all

Let my try to explain, what's the sense of this 1ft taxiways at the holding-points is. I did this the same way in the Geneva AFCAD because it was the only way to hide the AFCAD-Hold-Short-Bars, which was visible trough the transparent surface of the taxiway. Due to the design-style of fsdt, the taxiways and aprons are transparent surfaces in the FS9. The 1ft twy have no influence to the AI-Traffic, but hides the Stop-Bar.
But maybe it is not completely without problems. I read about the AI-Planes which bunching up at the holding-point and I had the same problem here. I believe that the smaller twy allows a smaller distance between Aircrafts in a queue. If the twy is only 1ft wide, the distance between the AI-aircrafts is so small, that they bunching up on the holding-point. But I have found a way to eliminate this problem in the AFCAD-file.
Btw I renewed the whole file with AFX to match the twy-lines, the parking positions, add parking spots, etc...

Except the crossing-runways I did the following in detail:

- bunching up of planes at the holding point eliminated (here in my installation. I hope it works also in your's. Please report)
- all missplaced parking positions corrected (much positions was too far from the Gates)
- all missplaced twy line corrected
- missplaced parking-spot approaches corrected
- added a lot of GA-parking spots
- added some remote parking spots for airliners like they nearly are in real
- airlines assignements added
- missed twy-line north and west of terminal D added (of course they are not like the other ones in the scenery)
- and a lot of small things...

Please note, that the remote parking spots in real normally are used for aircrafts which have a longer turn around time until her next flights. In real, the most of this spots have no Number or any thing like that. But in FS it is necessary to give a number, so that I assigned them with a maximal logical number.
Please note also, that this is a separate file of that one harpsi made. Save your current file first, before you overwrite it with this one.

Find it here: www.airliners.ch/AFX/AF2_KLAS.zip

If sombody need the crossing-runways for use at the same time, please let me now.

Mike

Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2009, 12:21:29 am »
Harpsi,

I find your last KLAS AFCAD seems to be working very well for me.  I did notice that you have not placed the parking for EG&G’s (a.k.a. Janet) terminal.  I made some small changes to your AFCAD to implement dedicated parking for “Janet” AI at “Parking 1 through 10”.  Since most available “Janet” AI packages use JAN as their parking code I chose to use that as well.  I have been able to change the parking spaces so that parked 737 won’t cross wings in the scenery.  Please note that the spaces do overlap in the AFCAD but as I said before not in the sim.

Changes that were made:

Parking 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 were changed to parking type “Gate Small” with a radius of 101.7 ft. and given the parking code of JAN for the “Janet” 737s

Parking 7 and 9 were changed to parking type “Ramp GA Small” with a radius of 32.8 ft. and given the parking code of JAN to preclude any other AI from parking in these two spots.

I have attached the AFCAD in a zip.

Sorry, now I understand where JNT parking is. I will try to fix this as well, but anyway, now there are lot of small things running on, that I will try some more things based on users comments and then, in a few days maybe I have another file. Let me read everything carefully and think about this as well. I don´t need to hurry because "my" file and the file from Mike as well are more than enough for now and both are good. So, let me try to mix all the information from all posts because they are now a lot and a new file will come, with a lot of new things or not. 

harpsi

miketower21

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2009, 03:19:59 am »
MikeS ,  I would like to have crossing-runways for use at the same time ! had and old afcad one for the old FS9 LAS scenery , all 4 runways where in used for landings and takeoffs at the same time !  it was cool to watch and worked out good for me thanks      MIKE
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:17:36 am by miketower21 »

EDDK

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2009, 09:20:33 am »
wow really difficult stay on top of things with so many AFCADs, so many versions, which one has crosswinds, which on has solved GA Parking problems? Perhaps someone can clarify.

mave128

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2009, 10:27:45 am »
hey kölner,

i´m very much on your side.
i have no idea which afcad to take and which one to leave.

harpsi, please help us.

best wishes,
sören

best wishes,
sören

SMaus

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30:44 am »
Meanwhile I'm lost as well.
Perhaps we need some kind of AFCAD download section or -thread with a short description which AFCAD does what exactly. I know, harpsi suggested to put everything in one thread, but although discussion about these files is necessary it makes the threads a little confusing when it comes to the question which file to chose.
Regards - Steve

MikeS

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2009, 01:03:32 pm »
Hi all

Yes, I know it's a little bit confusing about this different AFCAD Files. What I can say is, if you use harpsi's, you can't go wrong with it for sure. He made already the crossing runways for use at the same time and he'll correct all the small other things for sure. What I don't know is, if he solved the "bunching up" problem at the holding points too!?

Mine one above is finished so far except the crossing runways (star-methode), which I'll include this days. Maybe there can be some improvements with the airline-assignements. Please report if you find some issues about that. But this is a simple issue which theoretical all of you can simply change with AFX (or Lee Swordy's AFCAD Tool). I use only AFX for AFCAD-works, because it is compatible with FS9 and FSX. But it's not for free of course...

What I have forgotten to say (in my posting above) is, that I added also a lot of missing heavy gates there, where is enough place for it (no conflicts with neighbor-gates).

Conclusion: No need to feel lost. Both AFCADs (harpsi's or mine) are on the same way. You can use one of this and you can be sure it is much better than the original one! ;)

Best regards
Mike

Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2009, 01:51:54 pm »
What I don't know is, if he solved the "bunching up" problem at the holding points too!?

As I've said already, this problem doens't happen, both with one of the Harpsi files, and both with mine, which is the same as Harpsi, just with the hold short links widths set to 1 ft, and yes, I've tested both at 4x acceleration AND at 1x, checked for about 1 hour, seen hundreds of take-offs, with WOAI models, not a single one stacked into each other, they all flow normally.

SMaus

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2009, 02:27:33 pm »

Conclusion: No need to feel lost. Both AFCADs (harpsi's or mine) are on the same way. You can use one of this and you can be sure it is much better than the original one! ;)

OK, I'll trust you... :)
Thanks for clarification!
Regards - Steve

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2009, 03:56:13 pm »
Yes, I know it's a little bit confusing about this different AFCAD Files. What I can say is, if you use harpsi's, you can't go wrong with it for sure. He made already the crossing runways for use at the same time and he'll correct all the small other things for sure. What I don't know is, if he solved the "bunching up" problem at the holding points too!?

I still don´t unbderstand this point, because with taxiways width of 100 feet, everything looks exactly the same as with 1 feet, except the fact that no landings or takeoffs happen. Maybe someone can clarify me why it happens with all sceneries and not on mine...

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2009, 04:10:03 pm »
I still don´t unbderstand this point, because with taxiways width of 100 feet, everything looks exactly the same as with 1 feet, except the fact that no landings or takeoffs happen. Maybe someone can clarify me why it happens with all sceneries and not on mine.

I have no idea why it doesn't work for you.

The scenery does not look the same because, with taxiway width at the hold short zone (not all taxiways) at 100 ft, the default hold short markings pops out, and they disappear with the width set to 1 ft. And, with the width set to 1 ft, I still see plenty of AI landing and taking off, without any problems.

The only thing which is not 100% sure, if is putting the width to 1 ft on both sides or not has an effect on AI stacking into each other (or "bunching up", whatever one might want to call that).

It doesn't here but, as long as the double hold short disappear, that's fine with me so, it might just be safer to set 1 ft only on one side.

MikeS

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2009, 09:12:01 pm »
Hi Umberto
I totally agree with your statement. I have a superb AI-Traffic with this 1ft twy at the holding Point with the good side effekt, that the AFCAD-Holding-bars are not visible. That's what we did in geneva too where it worked also perfectly.

Harpsi, did you try my file? (Just for testing of course  ;) ) Do you have also no AI-Traffic with mine one? May it be possible, that this happen why you use Lee Swordy's AFCAD?
Maybe you should use AFX from now on. Lee's tool is too old. Please remember, that fsdt designing for FSX and convert the scenery down to FS2004. I'm sure that Swordy's tool is not able to handle this files.
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2009, 04:38:29 am »
Harpsi, did you try my file? (Just for testing of course  ;) ) Do you have also no AI-Traffic with mine one? May it be possible, that this happen why you use Lee Swordy's AFCAD?
Maybe you should use AFX from now on. Lee's tool is too old. Please remember, that fsdt designing for FSX and convert the scenery down to FS2004. I'm sure that Swordy's tool is not able to handle this files.

I onlt have Lee Swordy´s tool. It is enough for all my changes and I never had problems with that... Maybe that´s why I see no changes between 1 or 100 feet width. Could be?

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:24 pm »
I onlt have Lee Swordy´s tool. It is enough for all my changes and I never had problems with that... Maybe that´s why I see no changes between 1 or 100 feet width. Could be?

With your file, made with AFCAD, I can see double hold short zones. And with the version that I've edited, with AFCAD as well, I don't see them anymore.

This, regarding to the double hold short zones. With regards to the AI bunching up, I don't see them in any case.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2009, 03:37:37 pm »
Hi virtuali

Photo 1 > width = 100 feet
Photo 2 > width =    1 feet

As you see, both are equal... Is this what you mean?

harpsi