Author Topic: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS  (Read 71511 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 12:36:00 pm »
Hi

In fact there is not so much activity on 19L at all. Why? Two reasons:
- 25 R is much much longer
- 19 L is too far from most of the aprons
You will see some activity it we talk about small aircrafts coming from the west side of the airport where 19 L is much closer to 25 R.

There is one more thing: someone placed here another afcad in order to deal with all the necessary parking positions for small GA traffic. In fact what I see is the same number of positions as mine. I would like everyne to check if you have 104 parking positions for GA traffic in your afcad which I think it is far enough. There are even too much positions with one parking code for airlines which are coming few times to KLAS.

I will modify some little things on my file after checking all the others and I will post a new one which will be almost similar to the previous ones.

Thanks.

harpsi
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:45:18 pm by harpsi »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 01:04:59 pm »
Hi

Ok. The file is there. Not so much changes. Try and comment.

harpsi

felixthreeone

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 02:37:37 pm »
Thanks, Harpsi! I will look at it some time today and let you know.

masped

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2009, 03:50:56 pm »
Hi Harpsi,

The problem I'm having with your AFCAD is not so much the number of GA spots but the size of them. I have all of the Ultimate GA Gulfstream and BBJ packages installed, plus various other large business jet repaints, and there are simply too many aircraft which can't fit into the GA medium spots that your AFCAD mostly provides. As a result they overflow into the terminal areas, which in turn means that there isn't enough parking for the airlines. The AFCAD that Mike posted has 10 GA large spots plus 7 "gate sized" GA spots, compared to the 5 GA large spots that yours has, and even then I'm getting some overflow into the cargo area.

Hope that's of some help.

Matthew

Mike...

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2009, 03:59:05 pm »
Still not enough? ;D I'm running out of room to put more. Although I can squeeze them together like I did at the North most part of the airport. Maybe I should sacrifice one military cargo spot. It is taking up a lot of space. Anyway, I had removed my Afcad, because of some minor tweaks here and there. I'll probably upload it to Avsim tomorrow together with some edited textures. And then I'm off for a short vacation and I need it, this has been too much. ;)

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2009, 04:04:31 pm »
Hi

I am posting the file here with some changes and you can test it to see if it improves your traffic.

Test yourself and comment.

harpsi

global express

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2009, 05:58:16 pm »
Did you not combine all my GA parking spots? The GA works perfectly.

Parking sizes are:
15m - GLF5
14m - GLF4
13m - GLF3
13m - GLF2
12m - CL60
22m - BBJ
24m - BBJ2
10m - LJs, Cits etc...

Plus you need some 43m for the Sands Corp 747s, and perhaps some 19m for a new GA AI model soon to be released  ;)

They really stack them close at McCarran:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=KLAS&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.527387,56.25&ie=UTF8&ll=36.097726,-115.161999&spn=0.001012,0.002736&t=h&z=19

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 06:24:51 pm »
Hi

In the first post I have a new file just because of GA traffic. There are enough Ga parking places, manye of them with radius 15, 16 and 18; some of them with 24 for JNT and BBJ. I hope this issue is solved. SWA codes at Terminal B were missing, so that there were aircrafts from SWA parked at other terminals.

Have fun.

harpsi

bousma

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2009, 07:24:38 pm »
Many thanks for your efforts.  Is there a way to force JNT planes to park at the right place ? I changed the parking types in the Afcad file and aircraft.cfg to Mil_cargo, but to no avail.  The B736's keep parking on the cargo spots, whereas the B1900C found the right spot.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2009, 07:34:57 pm »
Hi

I assigned a code for janet planes: JNT... Well, in my tests I am not seeing them. Let me test more changing times to see if they are in fact there.

harpsi

Dillon

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2009, 07:41:51 pm »
It sounds like you were cleared to land on a fake runway used to make the star. Solution, place the fake runways far far away from the airport. Such as S60 E1 or N60 E1. Those are good places to place all your fake runways.

Fake Runways??? 

I have no idea what your talking about here.  ???

msalo

• Reach for the sky!
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:20 pm »
Hi

I assigned a code for janet planes: JNT... Well, in my tests I am not seeing them. Let me test more changing times to see if they are in fact there.

harpsi

Harpsi,
   Just an FYI-

The ICAO code for "Janet" is WWW.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_(airline)

-m@
Matt Salo - Minneapolis, MN, USA (KMSP & KFCM)

Mike...

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2009, 08:15:21 pm »
If you check Airframes.org, you can see WWW is a "reserved" code, so I don't think it belongs to Janet. I doubt if they have a code, but for the purpose of flight simulator, I believe JNT is the accepted one.

Fake Runways??? 

I have no idea what your talking about here.

In order to enable non-parallel runways, such as at KLAS, one has to make a "star", comprised of the real runways and fake runways, which are inserted every 7.9 degrees, to fool FS into thinking the real runways are parallel. FS considers two or more runways parallel if there is no more than a 7.9 degree heading difference. We used to believe the fake runways had to be placed in the AI Visual Zone (108NM?!) for the star to work, but later it turned out they could be located anywhere. By placing them far away, you prevent ATC from clearing aircraft to land on them. It would do that, even though the runways were only 10x10ft and closed to all traffic. (Has to do with the heading of the runway and aircraft.)

BTW, I use a 23m radius for BBJ's, simply because they are 737's. See attached my latest Afcad. It adds a bunch more GA (including Las Vegas Sands spots), reincorporates the aprons and is also back to 1ft links around hold short nodes... Pretty close to done.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:32:06 am by Mike... »

masped

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
Still not enough? ;D I'm running out of room to put more.

Almost, but not quite! I reckon another half dozen would do it. If it helps, I am doing most of my testing at dawn on a Saturday when the airport seems to be pretty well full.

Harpsi, your latest file is pretty good. A slight problem in that with the radiuses that global express suggested you can't have any overlap in parking spots otherwise the wings overlap - I needed to reduced the size of Parking 6 - Parking 10. Also the Janet parking spots should be on the west side of the airport, which you have numbered Parking 1-5. There's plenty of room to turn these into larger radius spots. The good news is that I no longer have any GA jets parking at the gates, the bad news is that it's now apparent that there's not enough airline parking! Some overflow parking would be good, as seen in Google Earth.

Thanks for your efforts.

Matthew

Mike...

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2009, 08:27:38 pm »
Almost, but not quite! I reckon another half dozen would do it. If it helps, I am doing most of my testing at dawn on a Saturday when the airport seems to be pretty well full.

Check the file above, should be good now.

Although the bunching up has returned. I'm seriously wondering if maybe Jim Vile's approach file is causing the issue. It also affects the runways used with winds calm...