Author Topic: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS  (Read 71489 times)

jordanal

Re: NEW AFCAD FOR KLAS
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 01:25:04 pm »
And, there are many users who don't even FLY the sim, they just WATCH AI for hours...

You've GOT to be kidding... :o

Nope, rolling your own AI is addictive as painting liveries or cutting AFCADs, and once you spend the hours collection, installing, and tweaking, it's dang fun to watch the fruits of your labors.  I now know more about the world's airlines and how they really work than I ever thought I would.  I've been doing this since the early PAI days when everything was done in Notepad and still find it intriguing to this day, although keeping up with the mergers and defunct airlines has become more of a chore lately.
Regards,
Al

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 01:28:08 pm »
But...you do fly though, right?  I mean, it may be neat to watch, but it seems like an aweful expensive way to learn airline ops, especially when you can just wikipedia them, download their timetables, and visit their websites...
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

jordanal

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 01:31:26 pm »
But...you do fly though, right? ...

Oh heck yes!  Everything from the F1 ATR to the all of the PMDG, MD80s, to LvL-D, etc...  but collecting AI gives the sim another aspect that has litteraly helped it's 25+ year lifespan.  I personally use WoAI for those oddball airlines around the world and then roll my own larger mainline and regional fleets using all the freeware models and AIG flightplans with the MRAI installer.  That doesn't make it too bad, but then you get addicted to shockwave lights, custom FDE's and how many bounces a particular problematic single plane makes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:41:32 pm by jordanal »
Regards,
Al

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »
Ah, ok, just checkin'!  ;)
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 03:20:11 pm »
Regarding GA, you'll need at least 60 parking spots to get rid of them parking at airliner gates. BBJs need 22m BBJ2s need 24m and if you have my flightplans installed for the Las Vegas Sands Corp 747s and Tristar, you'll need to have some 43m!

Feel free to copy the GA gates off mine (excuse the custom GA codes):

I will try to put them on the file I am compiling with all users suggestions, so that in the end we have a resonable file for everybody.

harpsi

AaronMyers

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 04:15:51 pm »
I will try to put them on the file I am compiling with all users suggestions, so that in the end we have a resonable file for everybody.

harpsi

Thanks Harpsi, I appreciate you putting this together.

01pewterz28

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:50 pm »
Attached is an updated AFCAD I adjusted the parking for the airlines to reflect the actual gates served as of 4/21/09. I have checked this against live Las Vegas McCarran Arrival/Departure data on the web site.

I have not changed any of the taxiway, markings, GA parking or cargo. I will be adding extra Allegiant MD-80 parking as they do in real life behind the D concourse and in the middle area of the D concourse (Triangle area just off Taxiway 'C')

This should help the airline parking situation at McCarran. I will work on the GA and Cargo stuff next.

Sean

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 11:31:43 pm »
Attached is an updated AFCAD I adjusted the parking for the airlines to reflect the actual gates served as of 4/21/09. I have checked this against live Las Vegas McCarran Arrival/Departure data on the web site.

I have not changed any of the taxiway, markings, GA parking or cargo. I will be adding extra Allegiant MD-80 parking as they do in real life behind the D concourse and in the middle area of the D concourse (Triangle area just off Taxiway 'C')

This should help the airline parking situation at McCarran. I will work on the GA and Cargo stuff next.

Sean

Is this the afcad I posted on the first post plus your changes and the changes from global express? If so I will check everything and test it myself as well.

harpsi

01pewterz28

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 02:29:18 am »
Yes this is your AFCAD adjusted for current airline parking.

Sean
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:31:05 am by 01pewterz28 »

felixthreeone

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 03:20:59 pm »
Harpsi, I assume this is supposed to be a 'crosswind' runway afcad? I really applaud the improvements overall, but I see no crosswind runways used ever, simultaneously. It is causing go-arounds for 8 out of 9 and a stack-up-back-up at 25R 20 aircraft deep; I am not too familiar with the 'STAR' method of the crosswind technique, but it seems as though I never see any combination of runways in use? Not complaining, just curious to see how to solve the issue; I enjoy this kind of stuff!

Dillon

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »
Harpsi, I assume this is supposed to be a 'crosswind' runway afcad? I really applaud the improvements overall, but I see no crosswind runways used ever, simultaneously. It is causing go-arounds for 8 out of 9 and a stack-up-back-up at 25R 20 aircraft deep; I am not too familiar with the 'STAR' method of the crosswind technique, but it seems as though I never see any combination of runways in use? Not complaining, just curious to see how to solve the issue; I enjoy this kind of stuff!

I'm seeing 25L for landings, 25R for takeoffs.  At the same time I'm seeing 19R for takeoffs and 19R for landings.  For me this is a great job by Harpsi as this curbs the problem of congestion.  Are you sure your using Harpsi's file in this thread?

felixthreeone

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 11:15:10 pm »
Good question, Dillon....I will have to double check that now; I see no activity on 19 left or right at all with my current afcad....

felixthreeone

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 11:22:11 pm »
Ok double checked and sure enough...you are correct, sir! I had another from one of the other forums....and missed Harpsi's original altogether, it appears. Thanks for the 'head check'!

Dillon

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2009, 09:30:53 am »
I don't know if this is just me but on a flight from KSAN to KLAS upon decent I get vectored to runway 22L at KLAS and given a heading of 180 away from the airport.  I have to manually request 19R or 25L in order to get vectored for landing to the real runways at KLAS.  Is there anyone else seeing this issue?  :-\

Mike...

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2009, 10:30:20 am »
It sounds like you were cleared to land on a fake runway used to make the star. Solution, place the fake runways far far away from the airport. Such as S60 E1 or N60 E1. Those are good places to place all your fake runways.