Author Topic: Seriously? No snow in Louisville?  (Read 4630 times)

kityatyi

Seriously? No snow in Louisville?
« on: January 13, 2018, 04:49:12 pm »
I am quite surprised that FSDT has not included proper hard winter textures with KSDF. This airport is often fully covered with snow yet in our sim it's still greenish. It looks like some effort is saved, kind of cutting corners, a bit disappointing to be honest. Buildings, aprons, grass should all be snow covered in the heart of the winter or at least, made available as an option.

anarkia2004tj

Re: Seriously? No snow in Louisville?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:30:24 pm »

Try reading here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17025.0.html

it would probably help to browse the forum for an answer  :)

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 07:33:38 am »
+1
It totally kills realism flying into the airport and seeing everywhere snow covered except for the airport site.

kityatyi

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:09:58 pm »
This topic was opened a year ago, nothing was done about it. The trees are green as in summer, the field has no snow cover meanwhile the surrounding land does. Meanwhile visually the product looks fine, it's lacking such basic features and this wasn't resolved for more than a year now. I refuse to purchase anything from FSDT until SDF is updated with proper snow cover to blend into the surroundings, and with snow-covered vegetation included as summer green trees are simply a joke - overall a half-finished product sold at a high price. I want proper quality or my money back.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:33:51 pm by kityatyi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 09:32:27 pm »
I want proper quality or my money back.

It's not possible to be disappointed by an FSDT product after purchasing it, since it comes with TRIAL VERSION. So, if you don't think this product doesn't offer enough features for its price, you can just decide not to purchase it.

kityatyi

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:42:01 pm »
That is a nonsense. It is impossible to trial every single aspect of a product and you know it well. This is where updates come into the picture. Such a basic aspect to blend into the surroundings in every season, as well as to have winter vegetation in the winter and not summer green foliage is something I'd truly expect from an FSDT product. Maybe not from a newcomer developer but from FSDT, absolutely yes. Also, it was raised a long time ago yet it's still the same. So yes, it is certainly possible to be disappointed with an FSDT product and SDF is a prime example of this. Meanwhile it features totally unnecessary animations seen first time ever in any airport add-on, it is lacking one of the very essentials: seasonal textures that blend into the surroundings.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 12:42:33 am »
That is a nonsense.

It obviously isn't.

It is impossible to trial every single aspect of a product and you know it well. This is where updates come into the picture.

No. You are now confusing bugs, which can be really found only when the product is out in the user's hands, with what is in fact a design choice, or a missing feature if you want.

Such a basic aspect to blend into the surroundings in every season, as well as to have winter vegetation in the winter and not summer green foliage is something I'd truly expect from an FSDT product.

As I've said, there's a Trial. Not all our sceneries have multi-seasonal variations in fact.

Also, it was raised a long time ago yet it's still the same.

But since it's not a bug that prevents the usage of the product, it's not very high on the priority list.

Meanwhile it features totally unnecessary animations seen first time ever in any airport add-on, it is lacking one of the very essentials: seasonal textures that blend into the surroundings.

That those animation (which you correctly point out has never been done before) are "totally unnecessary" is YOUR opinion, same as the fact that missing seasonal textures are so important.

But that's not the point.

The point is, nowhere in the product page we advertised multi-seasonal textures (JFK, for example, DOES have them, and they ARE listed in the product specs) so, even if you didn't care to use the Trial, you could have at least read the specifications.

So, KSDF IS performing according to the published specs, so it's only your choice to purchase it or not, if they are not enough for you.