Author Topic: Buildings not showing up and another issue  (Read 4108 times)

737simpilot

Buildings not showing up and another issue
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:25:13 am »
This never happened before, but now as I approach the airport buildings slowly appear. Also, on runway 19R I think the start location is too far away and thus planes can't takeoff. See image.

https://i.imgur.com/QJnl6kH.jpg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:09:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings not showing up and another issue
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:12:13 pm »
The issue of buildings slowing appearing is surely nothing that has anything to do with the scenery.

It's possible another product (most likely a 3rd party weather engine or an AI product) is sending so many commands in a very brief amount of time using Simconnect, that we don't get enough time to talk with the sim with our own software, since the (only) communication channel with the sim is busy. Try to disable every external program and see if this makes any difference.

We'll check the issue with the starting position.

737simpilot

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:20:57 pm »
Okay, then I guess it could be LittleNavMap as that uses Sim connect. I have it refresh every 500 ms. Perhaps I can have it refresh every second or longer and see what happens then. I also use ActiveSky Evolution, but I used that before and never had this issue. So it must be LittleNavMap. I see this building problem at KLAX and PHNL as well.

Speaking of Las Vegas. I could have sworn that the Janet terminal had JNT or JAN parking designators, Well, none of my Janet aircraft park at the terminal because there is no parking spot designator. I can't edit the AFCAD since BGLcomp isn't working for me in ADE, which is another problem I have to get sorted.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:23:56 pm by 737simpilot »

737simpilot

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:32:45 pm »
So it wasn't LittleNavMap or the weather engine. I tried removing the modules from exe.xml and dll.xml and the modules in the modules folder and still no luck. But it looks like it was aircraft related as using other aircraft never exhibited this building issue. I am using the Virtavia F-22A Raptor and it looks like there's something in there that's was causing it. I even removed the panel so there were no gauges and that had no effect. Finally I seen there was an update to the FSDreamTeam module and I updated. That seems to have fixed the issue so far. I don't get it because I just updated like a week or two ago.

737simpilot

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:51:41 pm »
Well, I thought perhaps the problem was corrected with the latest update, but it appears I spoke too soon. Problem is back. I don't really understand this. It seem it happens with this one aircraft yet I've used this one aircraft before without issue.

I'm pondering on a complete Windows reinstall so when I reinstall FSX maybe the problem will go away. I don't get this behavior at all at Flightbeam's KDEN. Other than the ALS lights having laser beam like qualities.  I tested my GPU with several programs and it passes. I am thinking of getting a new GPU; a GTX 1060. Right now I have a GTX 560 TI.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:59:35 am »
Just to be sure: have you installed GSX (and SODE, which comes with it) ? KLAS requires it.