Author Topic: Live Update - How can I exclude files?  (Read 4164 times)

bhorv67

Live Update - How can I exclude files?
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:54:12 pm »
When the live update runs, it compares local files to those in a list of files that should be present. I have audio files that I've replaced with those that I've customized and these are overwritten each time the live update is run.

Is there a way to exclude files I don't want updated, as I have to go back each time and replace the files I want.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Update - How can I exclude files?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:41:20 pm »
Create a file named DONTUPDATE in any folder you want to prevent from being updated, so the Live Update will skip it. It's not recursive so, if you have a sub-folder inside that you want to exclude from updating too, you must create another DONTUPDATE file there as well.

The file doesn't have to contain anything, it can be an empty text file, the only things that matters is that is called DONTUPDATE with NO extension (no .TXT extension, for example)

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:33 pm »
Thanks - I'll give it a try. Not sure how I'd create a file without an extension. All files have extensions, or is it that you mean, the extension is not part of the visible file name?
I'll try a blank text file and see how it goes.

viperxbr

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 04:03:33 pm »
Is there a way to exclude a single file rather than an entire directory?

I use iniBuilds Dynamic lighting addon which basically adds one file to the scenery directory.  It's a new file so there's no overwriting of any of the original scenery.

When the update runs, it removes that file every time.  I want to exclude that one file from the update but still be able to apply updates to any of the other FSDT scenery files.

Thanks,
Todd.
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 02:05:28 pm »
I want to exclude that one file from the update but still be able to apply updates to any of the other FSDT scenery files.

- Create the DONTUPDATE *after* you run the FSDT Live Update.

- Check the Live Update release notes, to know if that airport has been updated and if it has, remove the DONTUPDATE file, let it update, then restore the addon file and the DONTUPDATE file too.

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 04:46:16 am »
Create a file named DONTUPDATE in any folder you want to prevent from being updated, so the Live Update will skip it. It's not recursive so, if you have a sub-folder inside that you want to exclude from updating too, you must create another DONTUPDATE file there as well.

The file doesn't have to contain anything, it can be an empty text file, the only things that matters is that is called DONTUPDATE with NO extension (no .TXT extension, for example)

Hi Umberto First of all thanx for this tips...

I have a serious question for you : Is it possible to prevent LIVE UPDATE from redownloading all the airports i have uninstall and deactivate via addon manager ?

Best Regards
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 10:29:42 am »
I have a serious question for you : Is it possible to prevent LIVE UPDATE from redownloading all the airports i have uninstall and deactivate via addon manager ?

Live Update surely doesn't download airports that are not installed. If it does in your system, it's because not all files has been removed. Check in all these folders:

Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Simobject\Misc
Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Simobject\Legacy
Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Simobject\PBR

If you find remnants of a scenery you installed previously. For example, supposed you had O'hare 2011 installed, you shouldn't normally have an FSDT_OhareX folder in Simobject\Misc. If you have it, remove it, because that's the folder the Live Update check to see if a scenery is installed.

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 02:00:02 am »

Live Update surely doesn't download airports that are not installed. If it does in your system, it's because not all files has been removed. Check in all these folders:

Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Simobject\Misc
Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Simobject\Legacy
Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Simobject\PBR

If you find remnants of a scenery you installed previously. For example, supposed you had O'hare 2011 installed, you shouldn't normally have an FSDT_OhareX folder in Simobject\Misc. If you have it, remove it, because that's the folder the Live Update check to see if a scenery is installed.

Effectively i had files trash still present

Thanx Umberto

Just permit me to correct the root to find the files :
Addon Manager\Simobject\Misc
Addon Manager\Simobject\Legacy
Addon Manager\Simobject\PBR

Best Regards
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2