Author Topic: GSX Crashed every time when i use it :-(  (Read 5121 times)

Caifon

GSX Crashed every time when i use it :-(
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:09 pm »
Hello :-)

i use P3d 4.1 with Flyinside P3D4  (V1.9). Always, when i Press  STRG+F12, GSX crashed.
Are there any Logfiles that i can checked?
I use the Updater every Day :-)

many Thanks for your help :-)

Bests
Micha

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crashed every time when i use it :-(
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:45:03 pm »
i use P3d 4.1 with Flyinside P3D4  (V1.9). Always, when i Press  STRG+F12, GSX crashed.

Please supply your error log, but I think it might be the same issue discussed here:

Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16883.msg119693.html#msg119693

Caifon

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 04:44:54 pm »
Can u tell me where i find the Error log :-/

Caifon

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »
???? No Support anymore?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 01:31:22 pm »
I don't understand what are you trying to say with "no support anymore" ? Have you read the post I linked which explained the issue and why there's nothing we can do about it ?

I linked to the LAST post, which identified the issue with FlyInside so, there wasn't any need for you to post or look or find any error log. If you are using FlyInside and get an immediate crash in GSX, it's because (as explained in that post I linked), FlyInside switched to a configuration which were made BEFORE you installed GSX, so it was missing the Simobjects lines which are required to find its own Simobjects.

So, the solution should be being sure that all configurations that FlyInside switches to and from, were all made AFTER GSX was installed.

But as I've said in my previous post too, the REAL solution should be that FlyInside should be updated in a way that it won't "just" copy over a whole FSX.CFG, but should only change its own settings, or should recognize changes to the FSX.CFG made by other installers, if only for the Simobjectspath lines, otherwise it will have issues with lots of other installers out there, which can all make changes to these lines.

Caifon

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 03:12:10 pm »
Hey Virtuali,
thanks für your Corrections ;-)
I ask Tony from the Flyinside Forum, this was his Answer:

"Nearly impossible to recognise ALL other people's fsx configs lol. This may be related to your issue but we have found a bug with the latest oculus runtime. In the mean time delete or save your p3d.cfg and restart via Flyinside and see if that helps you."

Well...i only need a little help.

I Attach my config...can u plz take a look over it and tell me, what are Missing?

ManyMany Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 04:06:00 pm »
I Attach my config...can u plz take a look over it and tell me, what are Missing?

The main sim .CFG file is not involved with Prepar3D, it would be only an issue with the FSX.CFG. Are you sure GSX crashed, or simply gave an error, with the ability for your to open the error log ?

If it gave you the option to see the error log, do it, and post the error text.

Caifon

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 05:03:15 pm »
Hi Again.

Well i look all over my Harddisks...there are no FSX.cfg  and no  flyinside.cfg
Google Says, there a no fsx.cfg in Prepard4d V4.1 anymore.
I read the links and i cant find anything about a Error.log for GSX.  Please tell me the path where i can find the log.

I look in my Windows Report, these are the entry. And sorry, my english is not the best, but i try my best.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: prepar3d.exe, Version: 4.1.7.22841, Zeitstempel: 0x59d67e95
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.16299.15, Zeitstempel: 0x4736733c
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000013fb8
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xa10
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d390815fd9d702
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Flusi\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\prepar3d.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 6bd0e4ac-e743-4971-9007-48ae022f5085

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 09:51:26 am »
Well i look all over my Harddisks...there are no FSX.cfg  and no  flyinside.cfg Google Says, there a no fsx.cfg in Prepard4d V4.1 anymore.

That's what I said in my last post: the issue with the main sim .CFG file missing the Simobjectpaths would be an issue only with FSX, no P3D.

I read the links and i cant find anything about a Error.log for GSX.  Please tell me the path where i can find the log.

As I've said in my previous post, I first asked if you HAD a GSX error, or if the program just crashed. If you had a GSX error, you would see a message from GSX asking if you wanted to open the error log.

If you haven't seen this, it means the error DID NOT happen in GSX, and the sim just crashed. And yes, from your windows crash log, it seems the crash happened in the sim (Prepar3d.exe crashing KERNELBASE.DLL), so it doesn't seem related to GSX.

I remind you that GSX runs externally from the sim, under the Couatl (Couatl.exe) interpreter so, an error in GSX cannot crash the sim, it would result in a crash of Couatl.exe, but the sim will continue to run.

Caifon

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 10:44:26 am »
Ok, that helps me a little bit :-)

But, what i dont understand is, when i dont use Flyinside, all works fine.
This means, the Error comes from Flyinside AND p3d, right?
And the Error appears, when p3d want to open the little window from GSX.

Well, many thanks for help, i just ask now the People from flyinside :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 10:12:43 pm »
And the Error appears, when p3d want to open the little window from GSX.

That's the standard Simconnect menu text, and it's surely something that FlyInside is intercepting somehow, to display it in VR (I do have an Oculus Rift and bought a copy of FlyInside too) so, maybe it's something related to it. We don't do anything out of the ordinary to create it, it's 100% standard SDK code.

Try another Simconnect app that has a menu. SODE, for example, which comes with GSX, so you should have it running already. Try to open the SODE menu (TAB+S by default), and see if it works. It should say something about no triggerable objects in range.

Caifon

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 10:33:13 pm »
Ok i test it and right, i says, there no triggerble objects in range....and then P3D crashed :-(
Should i do a new installation from sode?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:34 pm »
Ok i test it and right, i says, there no triggerble objects in range....and then P3D crashed :-(

As I suspected. So, clearly FlyInside seems to have a problem with the Simconnect text menu.

Should i do a new installation from sode?

No, course. It wasn't a GSX problem before, and it's not a SODE problem either. You should report it to the author exactly this way: according to your tests, the sim crashes with FlyInside active, whenever a 3rd party application calls the standard Simconnect menu window.

Whether is GSX or SODE, it's irrelevant. I guess you can try the same test with another app with a menu, like FS Passengers, and it would crash too.

Caifon

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 10:46:01 pm »
Ok, many many Thanks for the great Support Virtuali :-)
Now i am go to the flyinside Forum and report them :-)

You now close my thread, or i post in the future the results with flyinside :-)