Author Topic: Problems with GSX Exp on PD3v4  (Read 1799 times)

fernandito

Problems with GSX Exp on PD3v4
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:42 pm »
Hello;
Trying to figure out why do I have to run the FSDT Update every single time that I running PD3v4. By not doing so at the time of the PD3 splash screen it's active to fly the mission, the MSG advising "the airport cache it's built" would not appear on the screen and GSX Menu will not become unavailable totally. Only way to prevent it it's prior to prompt the PD3 program, I must run the update every time ( ???time consuming). Could you assist on this issue or advice?

FLR
FRL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with GSX Exp on PD3v4
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 11:20:35 pm »
You don't have to run the Live Update every time, of course. Especially considering there hasn't been any updated since December.

This means, just running the Live Update is probably FIXING a problem you already have, because the Live Update does a couple of clean up of settings that are *known* to be wrong and prevent the sim from starting, and it also clears the GSX airport cache.

The most likely cause is the antivirus, preventing the program to write on ITS OWN folder, because it's bugged, and it mistakenly think that, by writing our own cache in our own folder, we might do something "dangerous". We obviously aren't, it's just an antivirus bug so, the first thing to try is, as usual, configure the antivirus to exclude the WHOLE Addon Manager folder from scanning.

In addition to that, try to exclude the whole P3D4 installation folder as well, the simulator will start much faster too.

If that doesn't fix it, it's possible you have a file belonging to one of your sceneries which is corrupted, and this might also prevent the airport cache to be rebuilt.

If you enabled logging in the troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and do a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl menu, in the Couatl.LOG you should find something about the problematic file.

fernandito

Re: Problems with GSX Exp on PD3v4
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:59:48 pm »
My friend any chances that this could be sum a bit more simple and easier to follow, I am not able to track or follow it. Simples form and guidance available so I can follow it much better and see if I can resolve the problem? ???
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:12:20 am by fernandito »
FRL