Author Topic: Installing KLAS into FSX-SE  (Read 3099 times)

BAW9DV

• Senior Airport Security Supervisor (retired)
    • British Airways Virtual
Installing KLAS into FSX-SE
« on: January 08, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »
Hi,

Having moved up from FS9 to FSX-SE, I downloaded the FSX installer for KLAS (I had already purchased the FS9 version) and installed and activated the scenery only to find hills and elevation issues and missing terminals and gates.

After some hours scouring this forum and Orbx support, I discovered the replacement BGL on the Orbx forum and the disabling of certain Orbx files to fix the problem.

I seem to have fixed the elevation issues but now I still have no terminals and gates, the central area being devoid of pretty much everything except runways and taxiways.

Further reading would seem to indicate that I *must* have GSX purchased and installed for KLAS to work properly.

I run FSX-SE with FTX Global and I have FTX North California and Southern California - with the BGL fixes as mentioned above.

Can someone confirm that to fix the missing terminals and gates, I need GSX?

Cheers

Lee
Lee James
BAVirtual

Senior Captain - 747 Fleet
Pilot of SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)
Online with VATSIM and IVAO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing KLAS into FSX-SE
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 07:41:01 pm »
Further reading would seem to indicate that I *must* have GSX purchased and installed for KLAS to work properly.

All the threads discussed here said you must have GSX installed, otherwise none of the FSDT sceneries that use SODE will work, which includes KLAS.

NONE of the threads discussed here ever said you must purchase GSX. In fact, every post that instructed to install GSX in order to have KLAS working, always added it's not required to buy GSX, since GSX always worked for free at all FSDT airports.

BAW9DV

• Senior Airport Security Supervisor (retired)
    • British Airways Virtual
Re: Installing KLAS into FSX-SE
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:17:24 pm »
Umberto,

Thank you for your kind reply.   I must have missed the part about GSX being free to install - but I thank you for putting me right.

I will install GSX

Thank you again for your kind assistance.

Regards

Lee
Lee James
BAVirtual

Senior Captain - 747 Fleet
Pilot of SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)
Online with VATSIM and IVAO