Author Topic: Unable to re-activate product on new PC with original SERIAL NUMBER  (Read 2648 times)

BAW9DV

• Senior Airport Security Supervisor (retired)
    • British Airways Virtual
Hello,

The documentation said that this is the best place to receive a response and sort out a problem so here goes ...

I have a number of FSDT products including Dallas and Zurich.   I have the original Cloud9 version of KLAX on FS2004, but I now have a new PC with Windows 10 64-bit and have moved up to FSX-SE.

Dallas and Zurich have reinstalled fine, but when I enter my serial number for KLAX, it shows a totally different Prefix in the leading characters of the Serial Code box and my Serial Number from the original purchase is not accepted.   Also, the install shows as KLAX V2 so I suspect that possible FSDT have upgraded or improved on the original Cloud9 scenery which I purchased.

Must I purchase the scenery again?   If so, is there an "upgrade" option for FS2004 purchasers of the original Cloud9 version?   I see Cloud9 as an option in the ADDON MANAGER install dialogue but the KLAX scenery is not listed.

I would appreciate some assistance with this.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Lee James
West Sussex UK
Lee James
BAVirtual

Senior Captain - 747 Fleet
Pilot of SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)
Online with VATSIM and IVAO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to re-activate product on new PC with original SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:08:04 pm »
Must I purchase the scenery again?   If so, is there an "upgrade" option for FS2004 purchasers of the original Cloud9 version? 

FSDT KLAX and Cloud9 KLAX don't have anything in common, other than the name of the airport, but everything else has been remade entirely from scratch, in addition to be made by another publisher.

That's why there's no "upgrade" possible: you are not upgrading the same scenery and you are not purchasing the scenery "again". It's an entirely new scenery, which just happens to cover the same airport.

BAW9DV

• Senior Airport Security Supervisor (retired)
    • British Airways Virtual
Re: Unable to re-activate product on new PC with original SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:19:54 pm »
Umberto,

Ok thank you for your reply.

LAX is a favourite of mine so I will purchase the new scenery.

Again, thank you for your kind assistance

Regards

Lee
Lee James
BAVirtual

Senior Captain - 747 Fleet
Pilot of SPEEDBIRD 9 DELTA VICTOR (BAW9DV)
Online with VATSIM and IVAO