Author Topic: Missing Terminal Textures JFK  (Read 8314 times)

gcrewmc

Missing Terminal Textures JFK
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:04:22 pm »
Hello all,
I just completed a flight from Boston to New York. When I got to JFK, all the terminal buildings had missing textures! I tried to rebuild cache but that had no effect. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminal Textures JFK
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:10:32 pm »
Do you mean you see the buildings, with no textures, like black or transparent buildings ? Or, you didn't see any buildings ?

gcrewmc

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:37:10 am »
I don't see any buildings. I am also having invisible GSX vehicles at different airports. I don't know if these problems are related. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:34:32 am »
If you have GSX running (working menus, sounds, etc.), it means there are no problems with the software installation, which could affect JFK too. In that case, transparent buildings/vehicles are usually a problem of video settings, like having applied undocumented tweaks that do not work well with your card.

Which sim you use ?

gcrewmc

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 02:11:11 am »
I use FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 01:26:52 pm »
Try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

After you reset the FSX.CFG you MUST reinstall GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, in order to have the installer add the SimobjectPaths lines in it which are required in order for objects to be found, otherwise nothing will work.

gcrewmc

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 12:15:09 am »
Ok so I just updated my video driver so I am assuming settings are default. I will see if any textures go missing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 03:37:52 pm »
Ok so I just updated my video driver so I am assuming settings are default

Not by default. nVidia drivers, for example, keep your existing settings if you ask for a "quick" installation, and they are to default only if you select the customized install, and tell the installer to clear your settings.

The only way to reset all the FSX settings to default, is to remove the FSX.CFG and let the sim rebuild a new one.

gcrewmc

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 07:14:40 pm »
I just removed my FSX.CFG file and it rebuilt a new one. Do I just apply that one fix anywhere in the CFG file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 11:55:45 am »
I just removed my FSX.CFG file and it rebuilt a new one. Do I just apply that one fix anywhere in the CFG file?

No, of course, it must be in the proper section. You can use the Addon Manager to apply the fix for you (enabled it first, by clicking on it), set it to 1, Save the changes to FSX, and restart the sim.

Also, don't forget to reinstall GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after you reset the FSX.CFG, in order to have the installer add the SimobjectPaths lines in it which are required in order for objects to be found, otherwise nothing will work.

gcrewmc

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 04:27:07 am »
How does the Addon Manager do the fix for you? Which program is the Addon Manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 12:21:34 am »
How does the Addon Manager do the fix for you?

As I explained in my previous post:

You can use the Addon Manager to apply the fix for you (enabled it first, by clicking on it), set it to 1, Save the changes to FSX, and restart the sim.

Which program is the Addon Manager?

The one under the Addons menu, which you surely must know, since it was you use to activate a product.

gcrewmc

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 02:06:15 am »
Ok I have reactivated GSX and JFK through the Addon Manager. So the fix should be present?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 10:10:50 pm »
Ok I have reactivated GSX and JFK through the Addon Manager

This doesn't have anything to do with the activation. The Addon Manager tweaking features are always possible, regardless of the sceneries installed or activated.

So the fix should be present?

No, unless you haven't done exactly as I told you in my last two messages. I'll repeat it again:

(enable it first, by clicking on it), set it to 1, Save the changes to FSX, and restart the sim.

gcrewmc

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 03:46:29 am »
What do you mean, "set it to 1"?