Author Topic: DYNAMIC LIGHTS Follow up  (Read 4819 times)

anarkia2004tj

DYNAMIC LIGHTS Follow up
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:51:59 pm »
hi,

I posted some weeks ago about not having dynamic lights at KSDF, and the response was that a fix would come. I ran the live update the other day and the fix was specifically mentioned in the changelog, however, I still don't have dynamic lights, I have tried reinstalling and re-downloading the installer, and add on manager latest versions from the web.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:06:13 am by anarkia2004tj »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DYNAMIC LIGHTS Follow up
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:22:54 pm »
I can only confirm the current Live Update has fixed the issue. Be sure you haven't some firewall/antivirus program that is preventing the Live Update from downloading.

anarkia2004tj

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:56:08 am »
my only antivirus is windows defender, and it has never given me trouble with the live updater before. Also, I saw the updater download the update files, so they are there (I would assume). I will try again by disabling windows defender and check back to you, thank you.

anarkia2004tj

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:58 pm »
So, I disabled my antivirus, uninstalled the scenery, downloaded the newest available package from your website, restarted my pc, then I disabled antivirus again and installed, ran the updater, and no luck.  I can see the updater downloading many files for ksdf, and it even asks me if I want to override the current afcad version because of a new one available. any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:33:35 pm by anarkia2004tj »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:29:00 pm »
 I can see the updater downloading many files for ksdf

Have you noticed if it has downloaded those 2 effects files ?

fx_apronlight_dl_only.fx
fx_apronlight_dl_only_hi.fx

They are supposed to be installed in the Addon Manager\Effects folder. If you have them, everything is alright, and you should see dynamic lights. If you haven't noticed if they were downloaded, or don't remember, just remove them and run Live Update again. If they reappear (they should), it means the Live Update completed correctly.

anarkia2004tj

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 05:44:03 am »
i randomly ran the live updater tonight, before seeing your message, and it downloaded some more files, and now i have some dynamic lights!! weird stuff. I do have one more question before i stop bothering you, are they supposed to cover small areas around the terminal? to be clearer, are the lights supposed to show as in the picture? or should there be more illuminated areas? forgive my persistence in this, but dynamic lights have changed the entire experience for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 01:21:25 pm »
to be clearer, are the lights supposed to show as in the picture? or should there be more illuminated areas?

They look just fine.

The issue is, as you might be aware, DL take some fps hit, and we are already doing everything possible to restrict their number, using advanced methods in our scripting engine which other developers don't use (that's why DL affects fps more on other airports) but, on the A/B gates, the pylons are very high (30 meters, much higher than KCLT, for example), so we would have to ideally increase their size in order to reach the ground with a stronger halo, or increase the size and restrict the cone, using the more fps intensive version of the spotlight.

We already did so, but not too much, in order to preserve fps as much as possible.

anarkia2004tj

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 04:31:40 pm »
I appreciate all the effort you guys put in to your sceneries. I don't have a problem with the way the lights show, I just wanted to make sure since i had these funny issues with them to begin with. Thank you for your help, sir.