Author Topic: No aircraft  (Read 5887 times)

gdavej

No aircraft
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:01:42 am »
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any answers in the forum.

I can't see any aircraft parked at the gates in either Zurich or Geneva (I also think this problem applies to JFK and OHare). I'm using MyTrafficX 5.2. I've tried turning off aircraft shadows, but still no aircraft (and before somebody suggests it, I don't have teh traffic set at 0%, the value I'm using is 25%). I hope somebody can suggest how to fix this, I'm beginning to feel very lonely when I go to FSDreamTeam airports in FSX, although they certainly are worth visiting since the scenery is excellent, and the detail amazing!.

Dave

JamesChams

Re: No aircraft
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:00:12 am »
Are you in DX10 Preview Mode?

If you are and MTX is using DX9 AI models you WON'T see the aircraft.  MTX v5.2 supports both DX9/DX10 AI models but you have to install one or the other using the "Traffic2008_DX10.bat" file found in the ..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic folder for DX10 models. 

You can also get updates or do this with MyTraffic Communicator.

Good Luck!
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

gdavej

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:33:35 pm »
No I'm in DX9. I did finally see some aircraft (2 of them) at Geneva by increasing the airline traffic from 25% to 50%, although Zurich was still empty. I also tried a MS default airport (Toronto) and there were a number of aircraft present even with a setting of 25%. I also tried Aerosoft Hamburg, and there was loads of traffic there (not just static either). So I guess this implies that I need to increase the traffic setting beyond 50% to see a reasonable amount of traffic at FSDreamTeam airports, does this sound right?

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:13:20 pm »
No I'm in DX9. I did finally see some aircraft (2 of them) at Geneva by increasing the airline traffic from 25% to 50%, although Zurich was still empty. I also tried a MS default airport (Toronto) and there were a number of aircraft present even with a setting of 25%. I also tried Aerosoft Hamburg, and there was loads of traffic there (not just static either). So I guess this implies that I need to increase the traffic setting beyond 50% to see a reasonable amount of traffic at FSDreamTeam airports, does this sound right?

Well it depends on a lot of things; namely wheather Mr. B. Rank and the MTX team created a lot of AI schedules for the FSDT airport(s) or NOT.  But, as a "rule-of-thumb" they do mention in their manuals that you should set the AI traffic sliders (for Airlines/GA) to between 25% -> 50% in order to see a resonable number of AI aircraft and schedules.  However, it also depends on a number of other factors like the day/time/season (at that airport) to which some of the AI would be "enroute" to a destination or coming into the FSDT airport.  Also, you'll find that at nights the AI traffic schedules are less at many facilities and so, its NOT a perfect AI world. 

Also, if your system can handle it, try it at 70% -> 100% and see if things change to more of your liking.  And, you can use the TrafficBoard utility provided to verify all active AI schedules.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:15:21 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Andydigital

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 11:28:53 pm »
I have lots of traffic at both airports in FSX and FS9 with MTX 5.2 although I have them at 100% in both simulators and still get excellent frame rates. Practically every stand has a plane at it especially at Geneva.

Cheers,
Andy.