Author Topic: Double Jetways at KJFK  (Read 12182 times)

airbumps

Double Jetways at KJFK
« on: January 01, 2018, 03:42:07 am »
Hi Guys,

I recently uninstalled DRZEWIECKI KJFK (New York Airports V2). I've removed the scenery/texture folder from my hard drive, along with all entries to this scenery in addon.xml/cfg files. I don't believe there is any trace of the scenery left. It's not in the scenery.cfg and I've deleted the entire scenery folder.

I then installed KJFK 2. I'm getting double jetways at SOME of the gates. Not all, just a some as you can see below.

I'm sure I've removed all traces of the old JFK scenery...any ideas what else might be causing this?

The jetways look similar but I can see they are not identical, so I'm suspecting I've still somehow got a piece of the old DD KJFK on my system somewhere, but I'm not sure where it might be hiding!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double Jetways at KJFK
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 02:10:04 pm »
The jetways look similar but I can see they are not identical, so I'm suspecting I've still somehow got a piece of the old DD KJFK on my system somewhere, but I'm not sure where it might be hiding!!

Yes, of course the jetways for the other scenery (the better looking ones are the ones from FSDT...) are caused by some file for that scenery still active but, I don't think we can be of much help here, only DD would know what and where the installed their files.

Try the Scenery\World\scenery folder, sometimes files (usually altitude correction AFCADs, not full blown AFCADs) are being installed there.

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 02:14:11 am »
Hi Guys,

I recently uninstalled DRZEWIECKI KJFK (New York Airports V2). I've removed the scenery/texture folder from my hard drive, along with all entries to this scenery in addon.xml/cfg files. I don't believe there is any trace of the scenery left. It's not in the scenery.cfg and I've deleted the entire scenery folder.

I then installed KJFK 2. I'm getting double jetways at SOME of the gates. Not all, just a some as you can see below.

I'm sure I've removed all traces of the old JFK scenery...any ideas what else might be causing this?

I have an exact same issue but we need help from somewhere here indeed. I have fs9, FSX and P3Dv4 in the same PC machine very powerful. I installed DRZEWIECKI KJFK (from New York Airports V2) from sometime ago in P3Dv4. Recently purchased FSDT KJFK v1 for FSX and didn't explore much the scenery and later found the FSDT KJFK version 2. So, uninstalled FSDT KJFJ v1 and installed the new version 2 in FSX. I launched FSX to explore FSDT KJFK and found double jetways. I found from C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\ the file KJFK_X.sdx which I renamed to .off
I launched back to FSX and the FSDT KJFK showed normal jetways as they should. But, have DD KJFK in P3Dv4 with missing jetways.
So, renamed  KJFK_X.sdx.off back to original  KJFK_X.sdx and the jetways came back to P3Dv4 DD KJFK. So, must be decided, FSX or P3Dv4 unless we keep same KJFK Developer airport for both sims; just guessing on this installing option.
So far I found if we disable SODE for FSX then the jetways get back to normal in FSDT KJFK. I don't know yet if GSX could replace SODE ......

I appreciate if better ideas become available.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:38:47 pm »
I launched back to FSX and the FSDT KJFK showed normal jetways as they should. But, have DD KJFK in P3Dv4 with missing jetways. So, renamed  KJFK_X.sdx.off back to original  KJFK_X.sdx and the jetways came back to P3Dv4 DD KJFK. So, must be decided, FSX or P3Dv4 unless we keep same KJFK Developer airport for both sims; just guessing on this installing option.

That's your only option: decide which JFK you want to use, in both simulator.

Nothing to do with us, of course, since we are just getting duplicated jetways, created by something else.

The issue is the Drzewiecki JFK use SODE, and since the SODE configuration for that scenery is shared between the two sim, you are forced to choose the scenery, or disable SODE entirely in the sim, which is wrong, and of course will affect all other sceneries that use SODE.

Your best option would be just using FSDT JFK in both simulators, and the Drzewiecki airports for the other airport in N.Y., which is what most users do anyway.

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:28:42 pm »
I launched back to FSX and the FSDT KJFK showed normal jetways as they should. But, have DD KJFK in P3Dv4 with missing jetways. So, renamed  KJFK_X.sdx.off back to original  KJFK_X.sdx and the jetways came back to P3Dv4 DD KJFK. So, must be decided, FSX or P3Dv4 unless we keep same KJFK Developer airport for both sims; just guessing on this installing option.

That's your only option: decide which JFK you want to use, in both simulator.

Nothing to do with us, of course, since we are just getting duplicated jetways, created by something else.

The issue is the Drzewiecki JFK use SODE, and since the SODE configuration for that scenery is shared between the two sim, you are forced to choose the scenery, or disable SODE entirely in the sim, which is wrong, and of course will affect all other sceneries that use SODE.

Your best option would be just using FSDT JFK in both simulators, and the Drzewiecki airports for the other airport in N.Y., which is what most users do anyway.

Hello Virtuali, DD put KJFK_X.sdx file in SODE. What file FSDT will put on it if DD becomes uninstalled?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:52:11 pm »
Hello Virtuali, DD put KJFK_X.sdx file in SODE. What file FSDT will put on it if DD becomes uninstalled?

We don't use XML or SDX files in SODE. We create jetways directly from GSX.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 10:08:31 pm »

We don't use XML or SDX files in SODE. We create jetways directly from GSX.

I learned Drzewiecki KJFK use SODE. Also, SODE shares files for both SIM (FSX and P3Dv4). Then, if FSDT is not using XML and SDX from SODE because is created directly from GSX, how/why FSDT KJFK gets double jetways? If I rename Drzewiecki KJFK.sdx to "off" from SODE Program Data folder, FSDT have corrected jetways.

I want to have FSDT KJFK in FSX and DD KJFK in P3Dv4 without jetways issues in FSX. Any ideas that I can try on it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 11:10:49 am »
how/why FSDT KJFK gets double jetways?

If I rename Drzewiecki KJFK.sdx to "off" from SODE Program Data folder, FSDT have corrected jetways.

You already replied to yourself: the double jetways are coming from the DD scenery .SDX file, and goes away when you disable it.

I want to have FSDT KJFK in FSX and DD KJFK in P3Dv4 without jetways issues in FSX. Any ideas that I can try on it?

I'm sorry, but we cannot really support you on this. I guess you might try disabling FSDT JFK from the P3D4 Addons menu.

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 03:32:34 pm »
I am confused ....sorry
If FSDT is not using XML and SDX from SODE because is created directly from GSX, why FSDT KJFK gets double jetways?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 08:58:13 am »
If FSDT is not using XML and SDX from SODE because is created directly from GSX, why FSDT KJFK gets double jetways?

As I've said: you replied already to your own question:

If I rename Drzewiecki KJFK.sdx to "off" from SODE Program Data folder, FSDT have corrected jetways.

As you said yourself, the double jetways are coming from the other JFK.

trisho0

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 02:51:06 am »
Installed only FSDT KJFK v2 in FSX and P3Dv4. After I Crtl+J in FSX or P3Dv4 either one results the same missing tires from the jetway. Is that another bug or can be fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 02:20:14 pm »
Installed only FSDT KJFK v2 in FSX and P3Dv4. After I Crtl+J in FSX or P3Dv4 either one results the same missing tires from the jetway. Is that another bug or can be fix it?

This problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery. It's very well known that default FSX jetways are bugged, especially the wheels contact, which is why lots of scenery developers are switching to SODE, like we did for our latest sceneries.

In time, we'll update all our existing sceneries to use SODE.

In the meantime, there's just nothing we can do for sceneries still using the default FSX jetway animation system, which is controlled by the sim, and it's known to be bugged.

trisho0

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 11:41:29 pm »

This problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery. It's very well known that default FSX jetways are bugged, especially the wheels contact, which is why lots of scenery developers are switching to SODE, like we did for our latest sceneries.

In time, we'll update all our existing sceneries to use SODE.

In the meantime, there's just nothing we can do for sceneries still using the default FSX jetway animation system, which is controlled by the sim, and it's known to be bugged.

I have such wheels jetways issues in P3Dv4 too, exactly as FSX. The posted screenshot is from P3Dv4.
Does P3Dv4 have a bugged jetway wheels too?
The only scenery having that issue is FSDT KJFK v2 in FSX and P3Dv4 as well, all rest payware sceneries in my sims none have that wheels disappearing from jetways after trigger.
Any idea to give a try to remedy disappearing jetways wheels after docking in P3Dv4?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:50:24 pm by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 10:50:10 am »
I have such wheels jetways issues in P3Dv4 too, exactly as FSX. The posted screenshot is from P3Dv4.
Does P3Dv4 have a bugged jetway wheels too?

Nothing has changed in the default jetways with P3D4.

The only scenery having that issue is FSDT KJFK v2 in FSX and P3Dv4 as well, all rest payware sceneries in my sims none have that wheels disappearing from jetways after trigger.

They ALL have this problem, which is very well known, see here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527331-sinking-jetways/

It's just that, not all of them might sink in the same way and with the same airplanes, and in the same parking positions, that's why you are assuming the ones at JFK are the "only" ones with this problem, which is instead very well known to happen everywhere (but again, not under the *same* conditions), but one of the main reason SODE has been used now by several developers, it's *because* it fixes many problem, with this one being the most annoying one.

trisho0

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 05:41:10 pm »
I understand, not seen yet this problem with other sceneries but I will keep an eye on them.
So, will be implemented SODE in KJFK v2 sometime later?