Author Topic: terrain and buildings not showing **SOLVED**  (Read 16287 times)

darthfinkles

Re: terrain and buildings not showing **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 07:43:38 pm »
I just recently purchased IAH and am having the same problems as mexusa12. I have LAX, DFW, ORD and JFK and can install them with no issue. When I load IAH, there are no buildings and huge holes where the buildings should be. I have downloaded and uninstalled several times with no success. I have also tried downloading and installing with my security fire walls off. When I do install IAH,the Couatl/GSX menu disappears from the drop box when I run FSXSE. Please offer any suggestions.

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 01:23:42 pm »
. I have LAX, DFW, ORD and JFK and can install them with no issue. When I load IAH, there are no buildings and huge holes where the buildings should be.

I'm sorry but, if your other sceneries are working, it means the software (which is always one and the same), is running correctly and, the only possible reason of KIAH being the only one not working, is that you haven't installed GSX, which is required by all our sceneries that use SODE jetways: KIAH, KLAS, KMEM, KCLT, and KSDF.

mexusa12

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 03:40:40 am »
Fsdreamteam and  darthfinkles  I check my  direct x10 on my fsx  box was Uncheck  so  I check the box  and play again  and  now  KIAH looks good No holes also fix my other issue when Undocking  windows on moving theme  to my second screen windows turn black now  windows are  OK  hope this  help others....
       Fsdreamteam  question ?  When will the new KORD  Be  RELEASE  approximately   what Month  thanks  LEO

krouner

buildings not showing
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 07:59:33 pm »
Hello,

I installed a new video card and when I started FSX I noticed KIAH had buildings but large holes in the ground. The same thing appeared with P3D. I did the following:

1. I selected my antivirus to allow the Addon folder.
2. Uninstalled KIAH and GSX
2. I disabled my antivirus and downloaded/reinstalled KIAH and GSX, registering SODE again. Now I have no buildings, only jetways showing in both flight programs.
4. I uninstalled all the C+++ 2005 and 2015 programs then downloaded and installed again from the microsoft site. Still no change.
5. I rebooted my computer each time a did an uninstall/reinstall.
6. The Addon and GSX are showing up under the add-on menu.
7. I selected to rebuild cache each time I made a change. Still have the same problem.

I have KDFW, KFLL, all of Hawaiian Islands, KJFK, KLAS, KMEM, KSDF, KCLT, and KLAX. The airports appear to be working properly. It is just KIAH.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: buildings not showing
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 05:44:05 pm »
I have KDFW, KFLL, all of Hawaiian Islands, KJFK, KLAS, KMEM, KSDF, KCLT, and KLAX. The airports appear to be working properly. It is just KIAH.

I can only repeat and confirm my last messae: if your other sceneries are working, it means the software (which is always one and the same), is running correctly so, it's entirely useless you uninstall everything, reinstall, or worry about the antivirus, VC++ libraries and such: the only possible reason of KIAH being the only one not working, is that you haven't installed GSX, which is required by all our sceneries that use SODE jetways: KIAH, KLAS, KMEM, KCLT, and KSDF.

Of course, I assume you are using the current version of the KIAH installer, and you have installed it.

krouner

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 10:28:45 pm »
I turned off my antivirus program and downloaded your latest versions of KIAH and GSX. I then installed them under the administrator. GSX is working at KIAH but still no buildings. I have attached a picture showing GSX in action but no buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 06:13:13 pm »
I have attached a picture showing GSX in action but no buildings.

It seems you have a conflicting file from another scenery too, because that ground doesn't look like the default scenery, and surely it's not the FSDT one. What the Addon Manager is saying about KIAH ?

krouner

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 07:06:11 pm »
I am not sure how to answer that other than it shows it active.

krouner

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 02:56:14 am »
I have attached a screenshot of the addon manager. I hope this is what you were asking. This shot is from my P3D sim. I am including a shot of KIAH for P3D as well. Both FSX and P3D have this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 11:12:10 am »
Both FSX and P3D have this issue.

From your screenshot, it's clear the software is running, since you have the GSX menu, and the Addon Manager has found the scenery so, everything seems correct.

Try to enable Logging in the GSX Settings->Troubleshooting page, then restart the sim, go to KIAH, then exit. Then, open the Couatl.LOG file that has been created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, ZIP it and Attach it to a post in the forum.

krouner

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2018, 02:50:58 pm »
Hope I did this right....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 04:38:17 pm »
Could you please check the name of the AFCAD listed in those two files ?

%APPDATA%\Virtuali/GSX\kiah-e33fee.ini
%APPDATA%\Virtuali/GSX\kiah-20v9ut.ini

it's on the [general] section of the file.

krouner

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »
The 2 AFCAD files, KIAH_AIP_MINE_TEST and KIAH_AIP_MINE_06292017, had been removed from the KIAH scenery file. I thought i ensured these files were no longer in any active scenery folder in either flight simulator. When I had AFX scan for duplicates neither of these files appeared.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2018, 07:39:12 am »
Are you REALLY sure you installed KIAH using the current installer ? If you really removed the conflicting AFCADs, there are no other reasons why the scenery wouldn't show up. Your log clearly shows everything is working normally.

krouner

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2018, 09:45:08 am »
I am absolutely sure. I downloaded it earlier this week along with the most recent GSX.