FSDreamTeam forum
January 19, 2018, 08:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vLSO release v.1.0  (Read 400 times)
Paddles

Lurking around

« on: December 26, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »

Guys,
It's finally here! It's not a beta, it's release v.1.0! And it's my Christmas gift to all of you, fellow simmers!

This new version is fully compatible with FSX/SE, Prepar3D 1 to 4 (including 64-bit), as well as with the RFN and SimWorks Studios gauges.

Of course, you will notice some GUI improvements, but the most significant changes are under the hood. Almost all parts of the code were revisited, modified, rewritten from scratch or deleted. The data structure was changed and new version is not compatible with any of the previous beta versions. This means that you will have to qualify again...

Also, the vLSO config file format changed from INI to XML, which means that you will have to manually transfer your custom aircraft settings to the new program.

Before you start the program, I urge you to spend some time to read the manual. Probably, I should have described some parts in more details but it is what it is.

I want to express my gratitude to Sylvain Parouty (RFN) and Farley Kelly-Masterton (SimWorks). It's been an honor and privilege working with them. And my special grand merci goes to Michel Panattoni, ex naval pilot, who greatly helped me to debug and improve the RFN part of vLSO.

Well, that's it. Have fun and happy holidays!

Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Striker

Sierra Hotel

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »

Paddles,

Your dedication to overcome so many new obstacles to provide us with a Version 1.0 is greatly appreciated. This milestone brings possibilities of finally having a program reaching realness levels never imagined before.

Thank you, Paddles.

Now, off to retrieve the new manual!

Strinker

Respectfully,
Striker

Charlie Time
PhantomTweak

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »

Paddles, the words "THANK YOU!!" seem wholly inadequate to express the gratitude I, and I am sure MANY others, feel. They're the best we've got, though, so they'll have to do. The hard work you've put in is simply amazing to a programming idiot like I.  Tongue
I still think those AI LSO's hate me, though  Grin  Cheesy

THANK YOU!! A fantastic present indeed.
A very merry Christmas, if appropriate, to you and yours. I look forward to what amazing things this new year will bring.
Pat☺
Paddles

Lurking around

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:45:29 PM »

Guys,
Here's a new version of vLSO.

Want it done right? Do it yourself!

micro

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 05:24:09 AM »

Thank you, Paddles! Your work is simply fantastic.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print