Author Topic: Park Me  (Read 8996 times)

villaa82

Park Me
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:43:32 am »
Hey guys, does Park me only work when issued to park at termial D?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Park Me
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 12:48:59 am »
Yes. As explained on the manual, terminal D doesn't even strictly have the SafeGate systems to begin with.

But, since KLAS is scheduled to add them anyway in 2010 (perhaps with the opening of the next planned terminal which will appear in the big under construction area), we thought it would have been nice to have them at least at Terminal D, which is the more recent one.

Normally, marshallers are far more common in the US (while SafeGates are more widely used in Europe) so, the next logical step of the ParkMe feature, would be adding support for them, which is something we are working on. Once we have them, we'll have ParkMe enabled at all parking places.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:52:03 am »
Virtuali,

Does that include all the Audio and/or Text "Progress-Taxi" instructions feature(s) we wrote [discussed] in another post; before?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

villaa82

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:57:04 am »
Thanks Virtuali.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:59:52 am »
Does that include all the Audio and/or Text "Progress-Taxi" instructions feature(s) we wrote [discussed] in another post; before?

You gave us a great idea to start working on...that might lead to even bigger things in the future

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 04:09:00 am »
Yes. As explained on the manual, terminal D doesn't even strictly have the SafeGate systems to begin with.

But, since KLAS is scheduled to add them anyway in 2010 (perhaps with the opening of the next planned terminal which will appear in the big under construction area), we thought it would have been nice to have them at least at Terminal D, which is the more recent one.

Normally, marshallers are far more common in the US (while SafeGates are more widely used in Europe) so, the next logical step of the ParkMe feature, would be adding support for them, which is something we are working on. Once we have them, we'll have ParkMe enabled at all parking places.
Very cool thanks Umberto the marshaller would definitely be in excellent feature Im glade you guys are working on it. cant wait till its done, and excellent work on klas! :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 06:03:27 am »

You gave us a great idea to start working on...that might lead to even bigger things in the future

Virtuali,

Thank you for listening!

I also saw the Marshaller (...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_Marshaller) folder but I guess that there is no implementation yet?

Looking forward to it. ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:24:44 am »
I also saw the Marshaller (...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_Marshaller) folder but I guess that there is no implementation yet?

Yes, he's at sleep right now, but will appear soon...