Author Topic: KCLT FSX Corrupted **SOLVED**  (Read 4596 times)

firehawk44

KCLT FSX Corrupted **SOLVED**
« on: December 24, 2017, 03:50:06 pm »
I see this is being discussed for P3DV4 but have the same problem with FSX (boxed) and know an individual who has FSX-SE who has the same issue.  If I load FSDT KORD or KFLL or any FSDT airport, the scenery loads without corruption.  The Addon Menu has all the Couatl entries but settings for GSX are missing.  The Addon Manager states GSX is active.

I go to KCLT and Couatl entries in the Addon Menu go missing and the scenery is missing objects like trees and runways and has serious elevation issues (I do not have Orbx Vector installed).  When I first load KCLT it appears corrupted and then I see an instant flash of the FSDT KCLT scenery not corrupted then it goes back to being corrupted.

I have Windows 10 v1709 installed.

When investigating this issue, I looked in my SceneryConfigEditor and it showed the KCLT and many other FSDT scenery were linked to the P3DV4 Addon Folder even though the scenery was installed in C:\ProgramFiles (X86)\Addon Manager\FlightsimDreamTeam\KCLT.  I redirected the links.  Still, this did not fix the problem.  I deleted the Facilities/SceneryCache/SceneryIndexes and this did not fix the issue.

I uninstalled KCLT and then went to the FSDT site and downloaded KCLT and reinstalled only in FSX.  This did not fix the problem.

I am thinking the last two Windows 10 updates might have changed Microsoft Visual C++2013 and/or the Microsoft.net used to run the scenery.

I thought maybe the dll.xml and exe.xml for FSX were somehow corrupted but they load everything correctly for other modules and the Addon Manager and Couatl seem to be loading properly except when loading KCLT.

Just posting this to let you know there is an issue with FSX too.

Best regards,
Jim Young
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:14:51 pm by virtuali »

firehawk44

Re: KCLT FSX Corrupted
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »
In addition to above, see following in couatl error report (same as everyone else):

couatl v3.2 (build 3883)
panic log started on Sun Dec 24 10:05:51 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 1044, in addJetways
AttributeError: 'Couatl.Parking' object has no attribute '_jetwayAirlineCode'
{}

When I reinstall KCLT and start up FSX, it asks me if I want to run Couatl and then do I want to trust the modules.  I have every FSDT scenery installed.  Seems those modules would have been trusted a lot of times!!

Best regards,
Jim Young

firehawk44

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:51:20 pm »
Problem fixed.  As suggested by someone who had the issue with P3DV4, I reinstalled GSX and all is well.  Strange though as my Addon Manager had indicated GSX was installed and I had ran the FSDT Live Update several times.  Still, happy to have everything working again!  Merry Christmas to all!

Best regards,
Jim Young

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 12:14:00 am »
As suggested by someone who had the issue with P3DV4, I reinstalled GSX and all is well.

Yes, all our sceneries that use SODE jetways require GSX to work.

Strange though as my Addon Manager had indicated GSX was installed

The Addon Manager won't tell you if GSX is installed (only sceneries are detected for being installed "in the scenery library") or not, it will only tell you if it's active or in trial, but this is unrelated to the installation of the product on the system, since you can uninstall/reinstall an unlimited number of times without any effect on the activation.

I had ran the FSDT Live Update several times.

This is normal: the Live Update will update only files for products that are installed so, if GSX wasn't installed at that time, the Live Update won't bring it up.

We'll try to make more clear diagnostic messages from sceneries that requires GSX to work with the next updates.

jtsaviano

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 05:11:32 pm »
I'm wondering if I have the same problem with KCLT. I have just reinstalled it and it appears corrupted. I cannot see runways, ect. Wondering if my GSX is installed or not. Problem is I can't find anything to tell me if it is/isn"t installed. Can You help?

jtsaviano

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 06:05:17 pm »
I think I got it fixed (although I don't know how). It seems to work OK now.