Author Topic: SPB Honolulu Terminal under water? **SOLVED**  (Read 5593 times)

JDLinn

• Return to Misty Moorings
SPB Honolulu Terminal under water? **SOLVED**
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:30:41 pm »
Got a water problem along the shore where the Honolulu Airport SPB terminal is. Is there a fix for this?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:18:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SPB Honolulu Terminal under water?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:18:34 pm »
You have your Mesh resolution too low. Set it at 10 or 5 meters/pixel.

JDLinn

Re: SPB Honolulu Terminal under water? **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 03:21:22 pm »
Thank you. I'm at Mesh 5 (where we keep things for ORBX). I'll find it, got to be "lurking" in there somewhere. But thank you for the idea.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:54:45 pm »
Thank you. I'm at Mesh 5 (where we keep things for ORBX). I'll find it, got to be "lurking" in there somewhere. But thank you for the idea.

I just tested it and, with the default (after install) mesh settings of 19 meters, I see exactly what you see in your screenshot, and after setting it to 10 or 5, it goes ok.

Of course, I don't have any 3rd party mesh or other vector product so, it's very likely that, if *those* meshes have a problem, they might cause this and, the way the sim works, it will always display the highest resolution mesh, even if it's worse than the one that comes with the airport.

We might be able to fix this, by providing with a mesh upsampled with an higher nominal resolution than every other 3rd party mesh out there, but it's not a very safe solution, because the sim start to display visual artifacts (spikes) when the meshes are too high resolution and, of course, the problem would reappear if another developer released an even higher resolution mesh, causing basically a "mesh war" between products.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:57:47 pm by virtuali »

JDLinn

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:12:21 pm »
I'm betting you are correct. I have PhotoReal Hawaii and Pilots Mesh ... I turned of PhotoReal Oahu Plus, and it wasn't that. So maybe its the mesh.  I'll find it. If others are not having the problem, then its something quirky on my system. I'm having to develop scenery in P3D 3.4 and fly it in V4.1 and make sure I don't screw up FSX. Pretty good juggling act. :-)  Thank you for your response. If I nail it, I'll post it here just for any others interestd.