Author Topic: FSDT CYVR AND FSC (Flight Sim Commander) AFCAD Conflict.  (Read 3782 times)

Capbat

FSDT CYVR AND FSC (Flight Sim Commander) AFCAD Conflict.
« on: January 16, 2018, 05:26:45 pm »
Hi All.
Could not find an address for FSDT Support so I ask here. See here http://www.fscommander.com/
I bought the FSDT CYVR scenery and installed, actually FSDT takes care of it, it only asked me confirm the path of the Prepar3d V3 folder. After this is done I have to use the Fligh Sim Commander DataBase Manager to sync the new scenery afcad files with the new installed FSDT CYVR scenery.
FSC uses the scenery.cfg file contained in c:/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3/
I have checked that file and I don't see any reference to CYVR, Vancouver, FSDT etc. I know that FSDT do their own installation, but I guess they don't modify that scenery file. So where do they put their own AFCAD files? or how do I get them to sync with FSC?

So the end result is that FSC does not see FSDT CYVR and when I display the CYVR airport on FSC all the gates are in the wrong positions.  
I have already opened up a ticket with FSC, in case I am told to come here I just jumped ahead.
Any of you guys had this situation or a similar one.

Your help will be appreciated, thanks.

Bat.

Capbat

Re: FSDT CYVR AND FSC (Flight Sim Commander) AFCAD Conflict.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:18:42 pm »
I have found a bit of information Here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15813.msg113528.html#msg113528

They are talking about an scenery_add-ons.xml file, but don't say where it is (could not find one on my system) and how to modify it so that it could be compatible or read by Flight sim Commander.
Please advise.

Bat

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 11:17:52 am »
but don't say where it is (could not find one on my system) and how to modify it so that it could be compatible or read by Flight sim Commander.

That's because the proper way to do this, would be keep insisting with the developers of that software to update their software to support the official P3D installation method with the add-on.xml system, which is the suggested installation method for any P3D addon since V3.

That's not an FSDT-only issue, of course, Flightbeam and others use the add-on.xml method too so, if this software won't be updated, it will cause more and more issues with every new scenery which will be released in the future.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:44:47 pm »
I tried to add them manually to scenery.cfg file but each time I start P3D v3 they get erased for the scenery.cfg files.

You will probably have to remove the folder that contains their add-on.xml, which is found under Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addons. Then, remove them from the "Add-ons" menu under the OPTIONS menu, then exit the sim and restart it, and add them manually to the Scenery Library.

Note that, this it entirely UNSUPPORTED. If you have any issues, your are on your own, and if there will be update or you have to reinstall the scenery, you'll have to do the same procedure again.

The real solution, instead, would be switching to a different flight planner, one that recognized the proper SDK-sanctioned method to install addons in P3D.