Author Topic: AI Bunching up at RWY 25R  (Read 16706 times)

Silverbird

Re: AI Bunching up at RWY 25R
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 04:34:27 am »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

global express

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 08:46:20 pm »
I also have this problem. Please see attached screenshot.

I'm an FS9 user and this problem has nothing to do with the AI itsself. AI just follow what they've been programed to do.

Please note, this screenshot shows three AI aircraft stacked up. They simply fail to stop at the holding point.

Are there any FS9 users that don't have this problem?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:47:56 pm by global express »

global express

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 08:56:25 pm »
This is exactly what I requested way before the release:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1552.0

615 views and not one reply by any of FSDT.

Again.... great scenery. Especially love the ground textures and the GA area is incredibly true to real life.

Hopefully someone at FSDT can sort out these problems, as it is a problem with this scenery, nothing to do with WOAI or UGA.

Kind Regards,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:26:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 09:26:11 pm »
Hopefully someone at FSDT can sort out these problems, as it is a problem with this scenery, nothing to do with WOAI or UGA.

That goes along with everything related to the AFCAD discussion. The one from Harpsi already has crosswind runways so, you can use that one now, without waiting.

Once that file will be finished, we'll integrate his modification into our AFCAD, it's just that we usually prefer not to use crosswind runways, because there are side-effects to it. But, in any case, even if we'll decide against it in our file, you can always use the Harpsi version, it's your choice.

global express

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:36 pm »
appreciate the quick reply virtuali. lets hope these changes fix the problems. fingers crossed.

edit - think I know how to solve this. Just remembered how I altered previous AF2's with this problem. Basically, it's to do with the designation of the taxiway route.

I watched 6 SW's taxi out using the same route and all stacked up (as seen in previous screenshots). A Continental 767 however taxied a different route and didn't stack up. Coincidence? No. I restarted FS and saw an MD-80 do the same.

Have a feeling this problem is to do with a faulty taxiway link somewhere. Sounds crazy, but I'm sure it worked before. I'll give it a go and report back.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:24:17 pm by global express »

global express

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 12:29:12 pm »
Problem solved. I had to delete all taxiways and start again.

If anyone wants my AF2 file, it's attached.

I also had no parking at T3 and found the problem to be the parking codes. There weren't enough heavy gates for Continental either, so I've deleted all the codes on T3, deleted some gates and made the rest larger.

If anyone is interested, it's attached. Seems to work good for me.

Cereal Eater

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 05:20:08 am »
Thanks, GobalX!

Mike...

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 05:28:31 pm »
I'm thinking it has to do with link widths. FS can only guide AI properly as long as AI is on something, the links. If there's a curve in the taxiway, such as near 25R, AI may move slightly to the left or right of the taxiway centerline (link), that itself shouldn't be a problem, unless the link is as narrow in KLAS's Afcad, to suppress the hold short node markers.

What happened above, was that once the links were deleted and redrawn, they were presumably redrawn at a normal width, 100ft or whatever.

IMHO.