Author Topic: AI Bunching up at RWY 25R  (Read 16758 times)

max767

AI Bunching up at RWY 25R
« on: April 18, 2009, 08:00:10 pm »
They dont have any spacing around the hold-short point. Help!

max767

Re: AI Bunching up at RWY 25R
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 08:50:45 pm »
Anyone?

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 09:00:06 pm »
Patience my friend.  They had similar problems with KORD and resolved them within a couple days.  Give them some time to sort this out.  While I'm sure they do beta testing, it is a much smaller number than the end customers and there will be a few problems that creep up and they will need to solve.

max767

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 09:02:43 pm »
Ok we'll do................are you having the same prob?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:12:31 pm by max767 »

Dimon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 09:57:25 pm »
Pretty sure that the problem is default Las Vegas photoscenery. Try to increase it priority, i.e. Las Vegas city priority should be higher than KLAS scenery. I'll be back home soon and check whether my theory is correct.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:30:41 pm »
Ok we'll do................are you having the same prob?

Don't know.  I bought this in the morning when I saw it was released.  But I've been at work since then and haven't been able to play with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 10:36:45 pm »
Pretty sure that the problem is default Las Vegas photoscenery. Try to increase it priority, i.e. Las Vegas city priority should be higher than KLAS scenery. I'll be back home soon and check whether my theory is correct.

The Las Vegas city scenery doens't have anything to do with AI at KLAS, and it have to stay at lower priority than KLAS airport, which is of course were the installer put it, and that's the correct place for it.

If anyone has problems with AI, please state which AI package are you using, because we can't see any of that. Also, check you don't have several traffic.bgl all active at the same time.

max767

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 10:40:26 pm »
The Scenery is FREAKIN AMAZING!........but slight prob with ai. I'm using WOAI Packages and no duplicate traffic files.

msalo

• Reach for the sky!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:44:56 am »

I too am noticing the AI bunching up at 25R hold point.  I am using World-of-AI packages for my AI traffic.

Here is a screenshot of it:

I am 2nd in line in the SWA B733 behind the mount fest!

Notice that the AI traffic behind me waits in line..

Other than that, this scenery is absolutely beautiful!  Great job!

-m@
Matt Salo - Minneapolis, MN, USA (KMSP & KFCM)

Tom C

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 12:48:27 am »

I too am noticing the AI bunching up at 25R hold point.  I am using World-of-AI packages for my AI traffic.

Here is a screenshot of it:

I am 2nd in line in the SWA B733 behind the mount fest!

Notice that the AI traffic behind me waits in line..

Other than that, this scenery is absolutely beautiful!  Great job!

-m@

The AI behind you will always stay behind you, as you are the the main aircraft in terms of UI vs AI.
UI being the user of FS, and AI being the computer generated traffic around you as the UI user.
Hope this makes sense.

Edit;
What runway are you holding at in that picture?
Whatis happening there is either an AFCAD problem, or your AI aircraft are not set to the correct radius to suit the AFCAD and FS settings.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:50:49 am by Tom C »
Regards.

Tom C.

msalo

• Reach for the sky!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 12:57:40 am »

The AI behind you will always stay behind you, as you are the the main aircraft in terms of UI vs AI.
UI being the user of FS, and AI being the computer generated traffic around you as the UI user.
Hope this makes sense.

Edit;
What runway are you holding at in that picture?
Whatis happening there is either an AFCAD problem, or your AI aircraft are not set to the correct radius to suit the AFCAD and FS settings.

Holding at 25R.
Matt Salo - Minneapolis, MN, USA (KMSP & KFCM)

max767

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 01:48:49 am »
The prob shown in the screenshot is also happing at the other active runways.

FalconAF

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 02:36:41 am »
This is just my input about AI at KLAS, and it IS NOT a slam against the FSDT KLAS.

I've lived in Las Vegas for over 5 years, so KLAS airport scenery has always been a "high priority" for me in both FS9 and FSX.  In ALL cases of KLAS airport scenery for both my FS9 and FSX, the AI will ALWAYS have major problems on the ground UNTIL a crosswind runway AFCAD is developed and used.  It is due to the nature of the runway configurations at KLAS.  If you get enough AI trying to operate at KLAS, on the 25's the landing aircraft will land on 25L but eventually never be able to taxi across 25R to the gates.  Eventually, they will back up so bad that no aircraft will be able to land on 25L either.  The line of aircraft waiting for takeoff for 25R will extend forever also, as the FS ATC will never be able to give them clearance for takeoff on 25R due to other issues.  Using AISmooth can help with this, but it won't fix the problem entirely.

The above will also happen if the active runways are any "pair" at KLAS...the 1's, 7's, or 19's.

That's why I asked a few months ago if there WOULD be a crosswind runway AFCAD for the FSDT KLAS.  It's really the only way to resolve the problem at KLAS.  Traffic needs to use something like the 25's and 19's at the same time, or the AI is going to have major problems.  You also REALLY need to use AISmooth, even WITH a crosswind runway AFCAD.

I downloaded and installed KLAS this morning and I think it is an incredible achievement.  I love it.  But using the default-included AFCAD, it is almost useless for higher settings of AI. 

PLEASE...make developing a croswwind runway AFCAD for the FSDT KLAS a "highest priority" issue.  For any other KLAS airport scenery I have, using a crosswind runway AFCAD and AISmooth HAS solved the issues discussed here.

Respectfully submitted,

FalconAF
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:39:51 am by FalconAF »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 03:30:20 am »
Hi

See my file in other topic just for now and with only some improvements, including crosswind system.

harpsi

max767

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 04:16:03 am »
harpsi where is this file at?