Author Topic: JFK V2 taxiway updates  (Read 2627 times)

James757

JFK V2 taxiway updates
« on: December 11, 2017, 04:49:31 pm »
Any plans to update some of the taxiway changes that
have occurred at JFK in the past year? For example, the length
and taxiway changes around approach end of 22R.

Thanks

kityatyi

Re: JFK V2 taxiway updates
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:05:29 pm »
That would be great. After a long time, I decided to re-install the FSDT version of JFK (was using a version of the scenery from another developer for the past 6-8 months) and when taking off from RWY 22, I noticed that taxiway E (I think it was E) is shorter in this scenery than on the actual charts. The ground layout is correct and up-to-date on the other developer's version.

It would be great if FSDT could update this scenery - without making a new version from scratch since that would take many, many years. The current JFK, although it does show its age, isn't bad at all, has (at least on my machine) way better performance, more FPS than the other JFK on the market so I would love to stick with this one, it was quite a pleasant experience departing from it after using the other JFK for a while.

If the ground layout could be updated and maybe, if possible, dynamic lights added, that would be fantastic.  Since FSDT is known not ignoring even their older products, I believe there is a slight chance of this happening.  Fingers crossed.