Author Topic: Airport Customize Issue  (Read 2830 times)

MoonlightKOBE

Airport Customize Issue
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:47:21 am »
After updated "Couatlâ„¢ Live update", GSX Airport Customize does not work.

I tried re-install GSX and AddomManager, but does not improve...

My simulator virsion is FSX AC.

skyymann

Re: Airport Customize Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:55 pm »
I appear to be having the same issue. It wont let me tell it there is a jetway their or even change the type of gate. This is at KMIA.

Scott

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:46 am »
It appears after doing some testing, that I have to reset Couatl every time I need to correct an airport setting like adding a jetway. I downloaded the newest complete installer.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 11:44:17 am »
Some settings requires a Couatl restart. It's best if you do all your changes at once, than restart Couatl at the end.

cptbambi

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:40:56 pm »
I'm getting a similar issue, trying to override the parking services, I want British Airways handling at Al Massira airport, put in BA in the override box but keep getting royal air Moroc instead... however sometimes when i go back into the editor the override I've set has gone even after pressing the apply button, even after redoing it and eventually getting it to stay it still gives me Royal Air Moroc instead!

I've set plenty of other spaces this way and it's been fine.

Crikey1000

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 02:39:25 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 11:42:37 am »
put in BA in the override box but keep getting royal air Moroc instead...

That's because BA it's NOT the airline code for British Airways. It's only the name of the *folder* which contains the *textures*, so this might have mislead you into thinking it might be the airline code, but it's not.

The airline code is the 3 letter ICO one which is used in the AFCAD, so British Airways will be BAW, see a line coming from one of the default GSX vehicles:

[fltsim.40]
title=FSDT_Staircase_BA
model=01
texture=BA
couatl.icaoprefixes=EG EGLL EGKK
couatl.atc_parking_codes=BAW,BRT,XMS,SHT,BIS

While the textures are in the BA folder, the ATC codes are BAW,BRT,XMS,SHT,BIS, which means GSX will let the BA repaint appear if it finds one of these codes in the scenery AFCAD OR if you set the airline code explicitly in the parking customization page.

I tried it now, at the default GMAD airport, set BAW for the *whole* airport (assuming this is what you want to do), which means selecting the root node on the left named "Airport", typing BAW and then APPLY and, sure enough, I got British Airways at GMAD, without even requiring a Couatl restart.