Author Topic: FSW SDK Finally Released  (Read 2506 times)

JSilva

FSW SDK Finally Released
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:33:19 pm »
I know this is two days ago, but the SDK for Flight Sim World has been released.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/389280/announcements/detail/1464097650385123380
PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z97 PRO Wi-Fi AC, G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB RAM DDR3 2400MHz CL10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11GB EVGA SC2, Corsair RM750

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSW SDK Finally Released
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »
I hope you don't really expect to see something released for it, in two days...the only thing we can do, in two days, is read the documentation and have SOME idea about how difficult will be to adapt our products.

Just to give you an idea, it took several months for us to port our products and software to P3D 4 but, since LM gave us access to the Beta version several months *before* the public release, we were able to release everything in time for the release day of the sim. And, the sim wasn't very different than P3D 3, other than being 64 bit, since the SDK is still very close.

So, we can now *start* the same process with FSW and *hopefully* getting some results in a few months time.

This, of course, just for plain compatibility without any changes. Having the products *use* the new graphic capabilities in FSW, like PBR, it's an entirely different matter, since it will require each and every texture of every product to be converted or possibly remade from scratch.

JSilva

Re: FSW SDK Finally Released
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:36:40 pm »
I hope you don't really expect to see something released for it, in two days...the only thing we can do, in two days, is read the documentation and have SOME idea about how difficult will be to adapt our products.
Sorry for the confusing part. I should've made that clear. What I meant was I posted this two days after the announcement, not that I expect products being ported in two days. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.
PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z97 PRO Wi-Fi AC, G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB RAM DDR3 2400MHz CL10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11GB EVGA SC2, Corsair RM750