Author Topic: Select marshaller ON/OFF  (Read 3722 times)

efpg0708

Select marshaller ON/OFF
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:00:30 am »
Hi guys. 

First of all, I love your sceneries, but IMO GSX is the best addon ever for FSX. I simply love it !

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but here goes a suggestion: the option of choosing if you want a marsheller or not at your gate via the in game menu. I know you  can edit the gate positions at the airports through the GSX menu, but I think that this option would be greatly appreciated, as GSX doesn't detect most docking systems when using non-FSDT sceneries.

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Select marshaller ON/OFF
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:02:42 pm »
I think that this option would be greatly appreciated, as GSX doesn't detect most docking systems when using non-FSDT sceneries.

The option to remove a marshaller or any other docking system has been there since GSX has been released in 2012, and it's there precisely for the reason to tell GSX the 3rd scenery you are using already comes with its own docking system.

The "Parking System" paragraph, Page 28 of the GSX manual.

efpg0708

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:20:26 pm »
Thanks for your answer!

I'm aware of the option of removing the marsheller/parking system by configuring the parking position, but what I meant is the option of revoking the marsheller/parking system in the same menu from which you choose your parking spot etc ... It is much easier and less time demanding than having to configure all the parking positions before you start the flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:10:20 am »
It is much easier and less time demanding than having to configure all the parking positions before you start the flight.

It's clearly much easier to configure an airport ONCE in your life (considering an airport customization will even survive a reinstall of both GSX and the sim), than having to revoke the parking system *each* time you use it.

And, maybe you are not aware that, every modification you do to any parameter in the parking customization page, can be applied to a single parking, but also to many parking at once, or even the whole airport at once, depending what you have selected on the left side tree structure.

So, for example, removing *all* marshallers from an entire terminal (because you know there are 3rd party docking systems there), just require clicking the terminal, disable the Parking system and click Apply, which is just 3 mouse clicks, only the first time you use an airport, instead of having to repeat the same procedure each time you use GSX there.