Author Topic: unable to customize pushback direction  (Read 9513 times)

CaptainSazzman

Re: unable to customize pushback direction
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 12:09:19 am »
I have been experiencing the SAME EXACT ISSUE since last week's update. I AM UNABLE TO EDIT AIRPORTS! I did several clean installs and even deleted my appdata and saved files to rebuild them with no success. I change the settings but the apply button does not grey out like it should. Then when I restart couatl all my changes are lost. The problem is not limited to pushback. parking radius and any other option change has no effect. I have been without GSX for about a week now. Something was broken in that update I am sure of it. Also my Roaming appdata GSX folder is empty, not sure if that's connected. Also the jetway option now reads "Parking has a s%jetway". Not sure why theres a percentage in there but I know thats not good.

hendopow

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 05:48:40 pm »
I'm also having the same issues. Can't change the pushback direction, tell GSX not to use rear stairs, or switch between loaders and conveyors on some aircraft. The apply button doesn't seem to work and I've tried at multiple 3rd party and default airports. I've been doing the same thing I have always done to edit parking positions however now its not working.

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 01:55:57 am »
I found a potential fix. Since, November, I have paused windows update after PMDG's warning that the 1709 feature update created problems with P3D. PMDG have given the all-clear and I have fully updated my Windows 10 and re-installed GSX through the live update. Now everything works

Crikey1000

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 02:30:21 pm »
I found a potential fix. Since, November, I have paused windows update after PMDG's warning that the 1709 feature update created problems with P3D. PMDG have given the all-clear and I have fully updated my Windows 10 and re-installed GSX through the live update. Now everything works

CaptainSazzman you are a star.......

People I have uninstalled the windows .net framework update from November and have full control again tested and working... Ensure you disable your windows update or at least have option to select what installs.. Someone with more brains than me will maybe tell us why the .net framework caused the problem but for now that doesn't matter :)

Once again CaptainSazzman, thank you  ;D

Bushido

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 02:52:02 pm »
Any chance we still get a fix ? I understand it is somehow a windows issue but I like running my OS updated so if a change on GSX side could solve the issue it will be even better.

cptbambi

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 07:52:15 pm »
Getting the same thing, change settings and the apply button no longer greys out, however i can still edit vehicle positions.

This is in FSX : SE.

gvert

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 07:20:17 am »
Getting the same thing, change settings and the apply button no longer greys out, however i can still edit vehicle positions.

This is in FSX : SE.
+1 Tried to adjust a gate (that it has a jetway) but nothing happens. The "Apply" button isn't working since the last Couatl Live Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 10:49:00 am »
I have previously made changes and therefore have the GSX folder in %appdata, the last change that worked was on 11/21/2017 12:21PM (taken from the GSX folder)

This clearly indicates that something in your system has changed after that date, which is not preventing that folder from being written. The most common issue is the antivirus and even if it's now disabled/excluded, it might even have changed the permission on that folder.

Or, you might have changed your user account, so that folder cannot be written under a new user.

Try this:

- Copy the whole GSX folder under %APPDATA% to a safe place.

- Remove it

- Reinstall GSX

- Restore just the files there.

Crikey1000

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 01:04:09 am »
The fix for me was to uninstall the update of Microsoft's .net framework in November 2017. With having much more knowledge than I do (nothing) in programming that may tell you what is causing so many people issues all of a sudden. Maybe ;) For now my GSX all works fine again though I have disabled Microsoft Update..
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:02:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
With having much more knowledge than I do (nothing) in programming that may tell you what is causing so many people issues all of a sudden

I don't think the update has anything to do with this, since I have all the updates installed, and we do not use .NET for anything in our software. Fact you fixed it by uninstalling an update, looks more as an indication of another conflict in your system.

Crikey1000

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 10:11:22 am »
With having much more knowledge than I do (nothing) in programming that may tell you what is causing so many people issues all of a sudden

I don't think the update has anything to do with this, since I have all the updates installed, and we do not use .NET for anything in our software. Fact you fixed it by uninstalling an update, looks more as an indication of another conflict in your system.

Virtuali

Thanks for the info, regards you not using .NET for anything, have restarted Windows Updates installed them all and no problem with GSX. I therefore have no idea what caused the problem or how it became okay. Just happy it is.

Kind regards

Dave