Author Topic: ConcordeX / Big problems with GSX!  (Read 3255 times)

crauds

ConcordeX / Big problems with GSX!
« on: December 16, 2017, 08:09:06 am »
Just reinstalled ConcordeX v1.39 after Microsoft finally fixed their issues for Win10.  Refueling position set correctly in editor and multiple trips selected.  BUT. when I request fuel a small truck comes and parks next to the right wing!  Where is the large tanker and why doesn't GSX go to the fuel point correctly set in the editor?  I have made no edits to the plane within GSX.  I just checked what was already preset in the editor and everything seemed to be correct so just exited.  Though the wingspan is small, it is a heavy aircraft and takes almost 100,000 kg for most trips.  Needs large tanker and multiple trips.  Is there an 'ini' or 'cfg' file that needs to be adjusted?

Craig
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:24:47 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: ConcordeX refueling
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:11:51 am »
OK.  Installed latest GSX update using shortcut.  Tried ConcordeX (FSX SP2) again and this time first truck was tanker sent to the correct fuel load position, but then kept sending small (3000 gal) trucks in succession and positioning them to the right of the right wing (makes no sense!) and kept sending them without stopping until I reset Coatl.  Also ConcordeX uses all shift (0-9) keys and CTL-SHFT (1-9) keys to access panel windows.  Somehow, pressing one of these keeps automatically triggering the fuel load sequence in GSX.  Not sure which key but this shouldn't happen if the GSX window is not open, should it?

It seems that several issues still exist for the many of us who fly the Concorde.  This fueling issue has been ongoing, since January post by Ray.  Why has it not been fixed?

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: ConcordeX / Big Problems with GSX!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 04:24:01 pm »
Very difficult to even use GSX with ConcordeX.  It continuously keeps sending me fuel trucks.  I keep restarting GSX so that I can proceed with other selections but it announces "fuel truck on its way" and I have to restart again.  This continues until I leave the gate.  Please fix the ConcordeX, Umberto! 

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ConcordeX / Big Problems with GSX!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:30:24 pm »
  Please fix the ConcordeX, Umberto! 

I guess the real issue is the fact the Concorde likely has an entirely non-standard fuel system, not just like the PMDG, which still uses the standard fuel tanks variables, but also custom fuel tanks variables, which seems likely, considering the default system is not enough to represent the Concorde.

There's no way to fix this from our side, without some cooperation with FS Labs.

crauds

Re: ConcordeX / Big problems with GSX!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:50:55 pm »
OK.  I can appreciate the uniqueness of the Concorde but the other issue is that for some reason GSX keeps sending fuel trucks every few minutes even if it is NOT requested.  I will accept that you need communication with Andrew or Lefteris to properly conform GSX to Concorde but isn't there a way to keep the fueling from automatically requesting itself?  I want to use GSX at least for boarding/deboarding/catering and pushback but how can I stop the fuel request from automatically intervening all the time?  It happens when I don't even have the menu visible on the screen.  No matter how many times I keep reseting GSX, it keeps automatically engaging the fueling.  I am sure there must be something you can do about that.  But, yes, it only happens with the Concorde.  The only theory I have is that the process of configuring the plane for flight or parking involves pulling up the various windows using combinations of SHFT or SHFT-CLT or SHFT-TAB.  Could one of these combinations be misinterpreted by GSX as a fuel request?  The issue has been discussed on this forum (Ray Proudfoot) as well as in the FSL forum but FSL maintains that it is not something they have any control over.  They insist it is something in GSX and needs to be addressed by you.  I know that you have been very diligent about tracking down these puzzling issues in the past.  Only you know the inner workings of GSX that may be conflicting.  We need you to work your magic on this one, Umberto!

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:42:07 am »
OK.  I can appreciate the uniqueness of the Concorde but the other issue is that for some reason GSX keeps sending fuel trucks every few minutes even if it is NOT requested.

That can be controlled by the "Detect custom aircraft system refueling" in the GSX simulation settings. The tooltip help says "If checked, GSX detects if a parked aircraft is refueling with custom system, and automatically starts services with FuelTruck"

I will accept that you need communication with Andrew or Lefteris to properly conform GSX to Concorde

But this is just to have it fully recognized, eventually, because I guess it doesn't use the standard fuel tanks, not entirely at least.

crauds

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:34 pm »
Thank you, Umberto.  The fix to the GSX settings eliminated the constant unrequested fueling.  I understand that until you receive information from FSL, the correct simulation of Concorde refueling will have to be put on hold.  I don't think that an actual simulated filling of the different tanks is really necessary and most probably would be way too complex, but perhaps just a visual simulation of the multiple trips necessary to correspond to the total required fuel load as is done with the 747, for example. 

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:57:02 pm »
The fix to the GSX settings eliminated the constant unrequested fueling.

Note that, by default it's disabled so, it's possible you might have enabled it, maybe long ago, without recalling it.

I don't think that an actual simulated filling of the different tanks is really necessary and most probably would be way too complex

We never tried to do this: the only airplanes that GSX actually refuels, are those using default fuel system (those flagged as such in the airplane customization page), but the ones using their own fuel loading system, like PMDG, Aerosoft, FS Labs, GSX don't touch *anything*, it only reacts to fuel changes happening in the airplane but, in order for this to be working, the airplane should at least use only the standard fuel tanks variables, that's why I guess the Concorde couldn't be adapted like the PMDG 747, for example, since it has far more tanks than what the default system allows.