Author Topic: unable to customize pushback direction  (Read 9620 times)

Bushido

unable to customize pushback direction
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:57:56 pm »
Hello

P3D V4.1 - Windows 10

On the ORBX LOWI airport Gate 2 and 3 only allow for a straight pushback.
So using the "customize parking position" I set pushback direction to "Both" for Gate 2 and 3 and press "Apply"
However when I request a pushback from the Gate 2 or 3 so modified nothing happens, I have a green GSX message on the top left stating request departure or something like that (but requesting taxi to the ATC does not change anything)
I need to reset the parking position to its original state to have the pushback to work (but then its only a straight one...)

Any idea ?

mmr1704

Re: unable to customize pushback direction
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:58:40 pm »
I have the same issue after the last update i cant control the airport gates pushback directions. before this update whenever i had the issue of staright pushback i was going to gsx menu and was choosing airport and then for pushback direction was choosing both and then restarting couatl everything was working fine but now when i go to gsx settingns an then choose all gate ofd the airport click aplly and restart couatl nothing is changing... i checked app data roaming gsx folder and i see tyhat the airport.cfg is not saved... and this happens for boyh addon airports and default airport, with both default aircraft and pmdg and fslabs also...
please help...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:31:59 am »
However when I request a pushback from the Gate 2 or 3 so modified nothing happens, I have a green GSX message on the top left stating request departure or something like that (but requesting taxi to the ATC does not change anything)

It's best if you Restart Couatl after you modified a scenery.

Nothing has changed in the Pushback, and I cannot replicate the problem. Does it happen only on that scenery ?

before this update whenever i had the issue of staright pushback

Please clarify: what's the "issue of straight pushback" ? If the scenery developer has forgotten to set a Pushback preference in the scenery, that's exactly what you are supposed to have: a straight pushback only.

i checked app data roaming gsx folder and i see tyhat the airport.cfg is not saved... and this happens for boyh addon airports and default airport, with both default aircraft and pmdg and fslabs also...

Sorry, but this doesn't happen here, the airport .INI (not .cfg) file IS being saved normally after you press Apply. This is possibly caused by the antivirus, which might have blocked write access to the %APPDATA% folder, or you might have some kind of permission issue.

Bushido

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 05:46:10 pm »
Ok so I restart Couatl after modifying the Gate as suggested but then it is like it did not save my change, the only option available is a straight pushback (both in game and through the Customization application)
I try at a default airport (LFBO) to see if the issue was limited to LOWI and change Parking 1 the same way to allow pushback in both direction but still no luck.

At some point I have an error message :

ouatl v3.2 (build 3883)
panic log started on Sat Dec  9 17:33:39 2017

problem raised by addon <no traceback available>
RuntimeError: Deadlock: the last runnable tasklet cannot be blocked.
{'Airport': 'LOWI', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 3', 'User Pos': (47.25804448090713, 11.348726917114577, 583.503 m, 4.3828 m, 171.19998349783097)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 01:41:07 pm »
I try at a default airport (LFBO) to see if the issue was limited to LOWI and change Parking 1 the same way to allow pushback in both direction but still no luck.

You said you changed parking LFBO Parking 1, but your error log shows you were at Gate 3 instead, and you were still at LOWI. 

Do you have the same problem or error at LFBO Parking 1 ? I'm trying to understand if the problem if GSX or the scenery, that's why I'm asking to produce an error log on a default scenery.

Also, Parking 1 at LFBO is a very small GA parking. What airplane were you using ? Maybe the issue there it's just that you wanted to use an GSX on a too small parking.  I tried Parking 18, which is large enough for a 737, and set the Pushback preference from "None" to "Both" and, sure enough, I got pushback working normally.

mmr1704

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:56:53 pm »
i just format windows clean install of p2dv4 but still have the same problem i dont use any antivirus windows defender is off and i dont have any permission issue every program works fine in my computer...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm what I've said: I tried Parking 18 at LFBO, set the Pushback preference from "None" to "Both" and I got pushback working normally.

Please verify if you can do this or, instead, your problem happens only at that LOWI 3rd party airport.

Bushido

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 07:02:47 pm »
Hello virtuali,

The error message was indeed at LOWI sorry if it was not clear.
I did not have an error message at LFBO

So I try LFBO parking 18 as per you suggestion.
Choose "customize this parking position"
Change the pushback direction from "none" to "Both"
Click "Apply"
Restart Couatl (try both option restart couatl and restart and rebuild airport cache)
And...I only have the option for a straight pushback, so I have an issue on my end.

mmr1704

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:52 pm »
i have the exact same problem at all my airports defaults included!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 08:26:01 am »
And...I only have the option for a straight pushback, so I have an issue on my end.

Are you sure your LFBO scenery is default ? Maybe you have an add-on AFCAD, coming with an AI package, which has some problems. Check the name of the AFCAD in use in the GSX parking customization page.

Bushido

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »
I will check the name and report back but I have no AI traffic package installed.
I have FTX global with vector and EU landscape but I guess it shoulden't have any impact on the AFCAD file.

EDIT: When you customize a parking position and press the "apply" buton do you normally received a notification that the change has been taken into account ? Like a pop up windows or something ? Because I have no confirmation wathsoever, after pressing apply I need to close the customization windows, I don't know if it is normal or not, I never try to customize a parking position untill now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:44:11 pm by Bushido »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:45 pm »
EDIT: When you customize a parking position and press the "apply" buton do you normally received a notification that the change has been taken into account ?

The Apply button will become inactive, which is the standard way for an Apply button to notify it has done something.

Bushido

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:03 pm »
name of the AFCAD as indicated by the customization windows is as follows:

Airport LFBO - Blagnac
AFCAD : B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Scenery\0602\APX48160.bgl

Er!k

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 09:06:49 pm »
I experienced the same issue with FlyTampa EHAM, gate D22. AFD had flag 'None' and tried to override it via GSX. Changed it via the menu; saved and restarted COUATL. After that my changes were either undone or not saved at all.

Crikey1000

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 10:30:30 pm »
Issue here also

When I open, 'customise airport position' the 'apply' button is already highlighted, I can make it grey out by resetting the position but either way no changes will save (apply will not grey out on key click)

I removed the 'trust' in FSX.cfg and authorised both couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll again on starting FSX.
I have reinstalled 'addon manager' and live update has worked and installed latest addon, would this mean there are no issues preventing writing to GSX files?

I have tried making changes at several airports to test including FSDT ZurichX, UK2000 EGNT and default YPAD, same at all three.

If it were an issue preventing writing to files, please advise possible solution (no extra security software other than windows) UAC is disabled, Windows 7 64bit, Only one account on system in my name and showing full control on Virtuali folder in %appdata

I have previously made changes and therefore have the GSX folder in %appdata, the last change that worked was on 11/21/2017 12:21PM (taken from the GSX folder)

Regards
Dave
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:51:20 pm by Crikey1000 »