Author Topic: GA Traffic at the gates?  (Read 24764 times)

AaronMyers

GA Traffic at the gates?
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »
Hello,

Just wondering if there is some AFCAD tweaking that is needed to prevent the gate from filling up with GA traffic and cargo?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GA Traffic at the gates?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:18:31 pm »
Check your airline codes both in the AI aircraft.cfg file and in the AFCAD. If they match, the AI will prefer to go to the parking place with the code.

Dillon

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:25:20 pm »
This is a known problem especially with KLAS.  It has nothing to do with the codes as GA traffic will park at gates for no particular reason.  CYYZ (both freeware and Blueprint's payware) is another example of this as there's more GA going to that airport (if you have GA Traffic in conjuction with World of AI and Ultimate Traffic for airliners) that there's parking spaces in the AFCAD to support them.  Most airports this problem happens at times of the day when most aircraft are at the airport, dawn for example.  During the day you really don't see this problem.  In the case of KLAS this problem can happen all day.  More GA spots are needed to accomadate GA aircraft or they'll use the terminal and cargo ramp areas.  The solution is for someone like Harpsi to build in more GA parking spaces.  I wish the 'Janet/Area 51' area was devoid of active spots and FSDT programed static Janet aircraft in that area.  It's unrealistic to see GA aircraft parked there.

Again more GA parking spots the more we'll see this issue resolved... 

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 06:30:54 pm »
Hi

I have no traffic at the gates. A lot of taxiways have 1 feet. I don´t know if the afcad was made with that tool from flight1 for afcads which I don´t know the name and which is not compatible with the Lee Swordy´s tool. I´ll try to change some things to see what happens.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 07:09:54 pm »
Hi

Only GA traffic is in the scenery and some more aircrafs (2 or 3) which is really strange. All the big airlines disappeared. Any ideia?

harpsi

MikeS

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:50:15 pm »
If you take a simple look on Google earth you can see that quiet a number of Stands are simply forgotten, not designed. Not only in the AFCAD but in the visible scenery too.
All this outside stands around terminal C and D are just missing. Why? That's a pity. All the whole GA Stands are not designed, except this few ones. But there are a lot more in real where are only empty asphalt surfaces in the scenery, no lines like in real, just nothing.  :(
It's no wonder that all the GA's are parked at the Terminals. It would be great, if there will be a upgrade to fix this. AFCAD-modifications I can do by myself, but there should also be the visible stands in the scenery.

Best regards
Mike
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

Tom C

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:53 pm »
Hi all.

Umberto, you and the team have done an outstanding job with the scenery as usual, I'm absoutely loving it myself.

But the AFCAD has let this down a bit.

I've spent the best part of an hour tooling around here, and all I see is Cargo and GA AI hogging the terminal gates.
As Harpsi has pointed out, there are some area's where this could have been far better.

Can you confirm from the team if AFCAD 2 by Lee Swordy or the AFX program from Flight 1 has been used here to build the AFCAD data please?
Regards.

Tom C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 12:09:59 am »
Can you confirm from the team if AFCAD 2 by Lee Swordy or the AFX program from Flight 1 has been used here to build the AFCAD data please?

Neither of that. We usually start laying out the basic work with ADE, and eventually modify the XML source code if there's something to edit manually that can't be done with those editors. However, the final compilation into BGL is usually done by the official BGLCOMP from the FSX SDKs.

For the FS9 version, we edit the FSX XML file by removing the instructions FS9 doesn't support (like jetways and other things), and compile with the BGLCOMP from the FS9 SDK.

So, the resulting BGLs are 100% compliant with the official MS SDK, and should be editable with any editor that is fully compliant as well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:12:34 am by virtuali »

Tom C

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:31:11 am »
Many thanks for the reply Umberto.

Can I ask why you don't build an AFCAD from scratch using the Lee Sowrdy program for the FS9 version?

I'm just being curious here.
Regards.

Tom C.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:16 am »
Hi,

Well, I am making some improvements but I am doing a "dark" work because those stands are not visible. I added some parking places for GA and I fixed some little things as well as the crosswind system.

Here is what I have done the moment. Don´t take this as a final file... There is still a lot of work to do still and if someone wants to improve things, feel free to do that as well. Just that you know that I am working on it.

harpsi

Tom C

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 12:37:05 am »
Cheers Harpsi.
Regards.

Tom C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 12:39:02 am »
Can I ask why you don't build an AFCAD from scratch using the Lee Sowrdy program for the FS9 version? I'm just being curious here.

Simply because we do developement work in FSX only, so we prefer to use an FSX-native editor, and then derive the FS9 version by simply compiling the FSX source XML (removing the things FS9 doesn't support) with the FS9 SDK.

AaronMyers

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 12:40:41 am »
That files has helped considerably with the GA problem, thanks harpsi. All the jetways show fine for me though and some are off it looks like.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 12:48:58 am »
That files has helped considerably with the GA problem, thanks harpsi. All the jetways show fine for me though and some are off it looks like.

As I said I am in the very early beginning with tweaking the file. I simply posted some little work because I felt some users were unhappy with the original file, and in order to have more users using AI traffic, I just did some work on it. ;)

harpsi

AaronMyers

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 01:16:40 am »
And it's appreciated.   ;)