Author Topic: Trouble with KJFK and Navaids **SOLVED**  (Read 2453 times)

parsec71

• Hekla Aurora - 757
Trouble with KJFK and Navaids **SOLVED**
« on: December 08, 2017, 07:09:08 pm »
I've been pondering updating the navigational data in FSX by using HervĂ© Sors' Navaids update. For a long time, I've been hesitant, fearing the update would break something in the simulator, but I finally came around and went ahead with the update. Of course, problems seem to arise...  ::)

On approach to KJFK (v2), runway 22R, the plane doesn't come straight in on the runway, but askew. Also, when using GSX to jump straight ahead to the runway, the plane lines up too far to the left. I've tested using two different planes (PMDG 737 and QW 787) and they both behave the same way.

It's just as if the ILS, LOC and runway definitions in the KJFK scenery are ignored (despite being on top of the scenery list), and instead the simulator uses the Navaids update.

Any ideas on what to do to remedy this situation? Of course, uninstalling Navaids and reverting back to 10+ years of old definitions is a possibility, albeit not a tempting one...  ::)

I haven't had time testing all the other FSDT sceneries I have, so I cannot say if this problem is related to KJFK only.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:36:05 am by virtuali »
FSDreamTeam products: GSX, KJFK, KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, KORD, CYVR, PHNL and KSDF.
Finally on Prepar3D v4.3...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble with KJFK and Navaids
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:36:00 am »
On approach to KJFK (v2), runway 22R, the plane doesn't come straight in on the runway, but askew. Also, when using GSX to jump straight ahead to the runway, the plane lines up too far to the left. I've tested using two different planes (PMDG 737 and QW 787) and they both behave the same way.

This is really a FAQ. JFK 22R has an offset localizer!, so the ILS is supposed to be like that, and it was already like that in our scenery, and lots of users assumed it's some kind of "bug", but it's totally realistic:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16076.msg115188.html#msg115188