Author Topic: Release ground staff  (Read 3180 times)

Rikypara

Release ground staff
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:34:02 pm »
Hello Umberto!

This is just a minor request and all for the sake of some operating procedures.
Many airlines request ground staff to disconnect not after push completed but after start up is completed, with a call from the flight deck. Is it possible to add a “clear to disconnect call”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Release ground staff
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »
I'm not sure I understand you. No ground vehicles disconnects after push completes here. Everyone will go away (except for the tow truck, of course) as soon as you ask for Departure.

Rikypara

Release ground staff
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:09:09 am »
No, I expressed badly. In real world, or better a common procedure for some airlines is:
Push back, the handling agent follows the plane during pushback (as correctly done also in GSX) then when he asks for “set parking brakes” when they are set, the tow trucks disconnect but the handling agent remains connected with the plane until  receives the call “clear to disconnect”from the flight deck. In GSX after the tow truck is disconnected also the ground agent disconnects and goes on the side for the hand signal... it would be great if the ground agent remains connected until receiving the “clear to disconnect call”
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 02:40:01 am »
Ok, I understand now and yes, we were already planning to add this, which is a very minor addition to the pushback procedure, which is going to be overhauled anyway in the future, when we'll finish what we are working on now...

HeadlessHershel

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:46 pm »
I have not been keeping up with the planned future updates for GSX. Can you enlighten us or possibly hint at what you're working on now? Also you mention the pushback overhaul... could this mean you're moving towards a system similar to "Better Pushback" like the xplane plugin? where you can sort of pre plan your push back the way you want it?