Author Topic: VOX and KCLT  (Read 3349 times)

b757

VOX and KCLT
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:11:40 pm »
I've been using VOXATC for the past few months now and I ran across this issue today. I loaded up the sim with a flight plan from KMEM to KCLT. It initializes fine and I tune ATIS. Then I switch over the Clearance Delivery and ask to pick up my IFR clearance. After being told to stand by, about 5-10 seconds later, I get a fatal error message and it says to disable VOX. I don't know where to find the log of the issue, but I can't figure out why it is having issues with KCLT. It is the only airport that I have run across this issue. I have almost all the FSDT and Flightbeam airports and have flown around all of them with VOX, except KCLT. I have run FSDT live update and the VOX indexer and still have the same issue. It does not tell me the issue in game either. I know it isn't KCLT software because when I go there, everything works fine, including VOXATC. It is just trying to perform a flight to KCLT. I am just curious if anyone here has had a similar issue with VOXATC.

Intel i7 Haswell 4.0ghz, ASUS Z97 Pro wi-fi, Corsair 16gb DDR3 2133mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Seagate 1TB 7200rpm, Corsair RM850 PSW
FSDT KDFW KLAS KJFKv2 KLAX KORD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VOX and KCLT
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 02:47:15 am »
Comm frequencies are in the AFCAD file, and KCLT has a 100% standard AFCAD, and its comm frequencies are exactly the same as the default scenery so, whatever it might be which is crashing that software, it's not the airport.

Maybe a conflict with another AFCAD ?

b757

Re: VOX and KCLT
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:48:53 am »
Apparently, it had something to do with the flight plan. Even though I created the flight plan in P3D the first time, I changed from HI ALT to VOR flight plan and it seemed to fix that issue. I guess it had something to do with a certain way point or something. I am not 100% sure. I knew it wasn't the KCLT software cause like I said, I have been around KCLT and VOX worked fine. That software is very temperamental so any little thing can cause it to crash. Apparently, there are some other airports around P3D that have the same issue.

Intel i7 Haswell 4.0ghz, ASUS Z97 Pro wi-fi, Corsair 16gb DDR3 2133mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Seagate 1TB 7200rpm, Corsair RM850 PSW
FSDT KDFW KLAS KJFKv2 KLAX KORD