Author Topic: GSX Ground Services Vehicles Do Not behave Correctly.  (Read 2822 times)

rgbalzaretti

GSX Ground Services Vehicles Do Not behave Correctly.
« on: November 29, 2017, 04:58:28 am »
I just installed GSX Ground Services software into my P3Dv4. It's okay for the most part. But, noticed a few glitches that need to be corrected.
1 - GSX ground services vehicles go thru airport walls or thru sitting aircraft like ghosts thru walls! Vehicles in front of them do not seem to matter.
2 - The baggage handler truck stays in position, instead of leaving the area, after task completion.
3 - The "Follow Me" vehicle disappears while it is being followed by the airplane, and does not return to the front of the aircraft as it should.
4 - Aircraft marshaller will never get you credit for taking the aircraft to its parking stand. Even if wheels are aligned in the lane position.
The only thing that seems to work correctly is the catering service option. When the service is requested, they come and go effectively.

All this is happening with the only plane I fly, the Majestic DASH8-Q400 64bit edition with the 1020a patch.
if it makes a difference, the airports where this is happening are, MKJP-KSEA-KSFO (P3Dv4 defaults) to name a few!
Thanks,
R. George Balzaretti   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Ground Services Vehicles Do Not behave Correctly.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »
1 - GSX ground services vehicles go thru airport walls or thru sitting aircraft like ghosts thru walls! Vehicles in front of them do not seem to matter.

This has been discussed so many times on the forum. GSX vehicles don't have ANY knowledge of the outside world, except for the scenery AFCAD. They don't have the slightest idea how of the terminal actual shape.

Of course, if the AFCAD of the scenery is *accurate*, it wouldn't normally possible for a vehicle path to go "inside" buildings. But lots of 3rd party sceneries are made very badly, with unconnected paths, orphaned parkings, missing nodes, overlapping nodes, broken links, and vehicle paths missing altogether. This might result in vehicles taking strange paths to reach you, because the proper one was unusable/unconnected/broken.

I'm sure you won't find any of such problems with default sceneries. If you do, please report exactly the airport, the gate, and the issue.

2 - The baggage handler truck stays in position, instead of leaving the area, after task completion.

This has been discussed so many times on the forum too. Since GSX vehicles don't have knowledge of each other (if they did, they would put too much strain on the sim, because they would have to monitor each one's positions constantly), they must rely on certain behaviours in order to reduce the risk of clashing into each other. So, the baggage loader won't go back to its initial position until you ask for departure, in order to have it in a predictable position which is very unlikely to be used by another vehicle.

3 - The "Follow Me" vehicle disappears while it is being followed by the airplane, and does not return to the front of the aircraft as it should.

This has been discussed so many times on the forum. It hasn't disappeared. It has gone away, because you were following too close to it so, it has started a routine to circle around you. Just follow it from a greater distance.

4 - Aircraft marshaller will never get you credit for taking the aircraft to its parking stand. Even if wheels are aligned in the lane position.

If with "never get you credit", you mean it will say "Very good parking", it surely give you credit, when you parked correctly, but laterally and longitudinally.

The calculation of the stopping position is not so simple as just aligning the airplane front wheel to the front line, especially with 3rd party airports that use custom ground textures with variable stopping position. I suggest reading the GSX manual, where the stopping position is explained: there are pictures that should explain how this is calculated for different airplanes, its relationship with the airplane preferred exit, and the options to customize it.

The only thing that seems to work correctly is the catering service option. When the service is requested, they come and go effectively.

No, everything works correctly (once you understand how GSX works and why), and none of the issues you reported are problems or bugs.

rgbalzaretti

Re: GSX Ground Services Vehicles Do Not behave Correctly.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 08:59:34 pm »
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the topics in question. I will certainly keep your detailed information in mind from now on.
Regards,
R. George Balzaretti